This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

To those who say CoD series is the same game every year/iteration...

#1GeminiX7Posted 11/14/2012 11:37:54 AM
Can you give actual examples of how the game could be changed so its not "the same thing every year"? Also could you give an example of a series that did actually switch it up with every iteration to your liking without becoming "a sequel in name only"? I'm not a big fan of the CoD series(BO2 is the first I've owned since mw2), but this argument never made sense to me at al
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#2Eternal_StrikePosted 11/14/2012 11:43:00 AM
Here to this shield and armor
#3spectermaster14Posted 11/14/2012 11:44:17 AM
I don't play the games myself, but I've been following BO2 and I'd like an answer, too. Seems like they added a whole bunch of stuff.
#4ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/14/2012 11:46:58 AM
The majority of people won't have any actual suggestions to make. It's far easier to just bash the game and those that enjoy playing it.
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#5GeminiX7(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 11:47:49 AM
I can completely accept most arguments for why one might not like the series, or FPS in general. But that specific argument makes little to no sense. Hence why I'm asking for clarification. At best maybe RE4 fits the bill, but that game and especially the games that followed get flak for not being "true RE games".
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#6MyEvilTwin7Posted 11/14/2012 11:52:22 AM
Who are the game developers who are making CoD? Me? No. They should be the ones improving the series. They are qualified game developers aren't they?
---
Do not go here : http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/233-star-trek?action=addfav
#7EternityUnknownPosted 11/14/2012 11:53:18 AM
I think there are changes, I also think those changes are fairly minor. I've played the first 2 MW games, and WaW and BlOps, and through all that, it felt like each game was almost an expansion (never got into the SP modes.

There were some defining things to the Treyarc games, like zombies, but even that after a while felt recycled. I'm not saying it makes it a bad game, because Halo most certainly did (and does) this. The only reason CoD gets so much flak is because it's an annual release.

Granted, I haven't really played MW3, or BlOps 2, so for all I know, they could have revolutionized FPSs.
---
This guy are always sick. No, way? Off course! That's how touph he is... beacause he is... a puppet...
#8pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/14/2012 11:54:43 AM
The reason why is because it is the same just with some new changes that are really minor overall, chaging wording around to something different.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#9ChaoticKnucklesPosted 11/14/2012 11:58:50 AM
MyEvilTwin7 posted...
Who are the game developers who are making CoD? Me? No. They should be the ones improving the series. They are qualified game developers aren't they?

Yeah but people that just complain with no suggestions on what they personally would like improved don't help the situation at all. And saying things like "Just make it better! It's too much like last year's! Make it different and better!" is pointless. Even if a developer wanted to take people to heart and try to make changes, what are they supposed to do with feedback like that?
---
I boosted some of my trophies. Please, judge me about it.
#10Nuk emPosted 11/14/2012 12:06:50 PM
i think mainly people say that because theres been so many in such little time. if these games where to have been spaced out say every two years people wouldn't be saying much.

The only real thing i can think of, is they could do with a new game engine like battlefield 3 did with frostbite 2. that could go a long way to make every thing about the game look and sound better. Also some destructible environment would be pretty kool. maybe parts of walls can become torn apart from the bullets and same with grenades. I'm not saying they have to go as far as BF3 did, but just a little would change a lot of peoples minds
---
Got really excited....finished a jigsaw puzzle in 6 months.....box said '2-4 years!'