This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How do some guys on here ... find and marry these gamer girls?

#11SpacePirateSealPosted 11/14/2012 12:28:21 PM
Nicodimus posted...
It's a combination of money, personality, and luck IMO.

Forgot looks.
---
PSN>TheReal_Seal I'm the official Vega of the universe!
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/TrangOul-1280/hero/25125410
#12danny5329Posted 11/14/2012 12:31:00 PM
SpacePirateSeal posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Forgot looks.

That's not important. There're tons of Brad Pitt masks for sale
#13NicodimusPosted 11/14/2012 12:33:27 PM
Nicodimus posted...

Forgot looks.

Most women rate looks fairly low in importance. It might get you a date, but not anything long-term unless you also have what they are looking for in the other areas.
---
PSN #1: Nicodimus - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Kaylee (Fighter)
PSN #2: Nicodimus222 - Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Mina (Mage)
#14theshovellerPosted 11/14/2012 12:35:40 PM
I have a very complex and technical procedure I follow when finding and marrying a woman. It takes a lot of preparation, and you have to follow my instructions to the letter.

1. Find an attractive woman who plays games.

2. Fire a tranquilizer dart into her neck, knocking her unconscious.

3. Take her aboard a plane bound for Vegas. Ignore the people yelling at you, saying stuff like they'll "press charges" or "they'll kill you" and stuff - they just want your address to send wedding gifts to you. Go ahead and give them this info - it helps to have extra toasters on hand.

4. Go to Vegas, find an all-night wedding chapel, then get married. Make sure she's starting to come out of the tranquilizer's effects, but isn't too sober yet. We wouldn't want her to say "no," now, would we!?!?

5. Go back home with your new wife, and enjoy opening all those wedding gifts those nice people sent you! Make sure you send them Thank You cards afterwards!

This method has worked for me personally at least seventeen times! Remember, when they say "you creep me out, please leave me alone," they really mean they love you.

Yes, this entire thing is a joke. If you got this far and didn't get that it was obviously far-and-away as far from "serious" as one could get, then... I don't know what else I can say. This is right up there with "boarding the trolley to the land of Make-Believe."
#15TerotrousPosted 11/14/2012 12:41:17 PM(edited)
Well, something needs to be clarified first, as there are varying degrees of gamer girls. Girls who like Wii Sports, Nintendogs, MMORPGs, and iPhone games are incredibly common, they may actually outnumber girls who don't, and as such, they're no harder to get than any other girl. Girls who go a bit beyond this to stuff like Mario Bros, Pokemon, Kirby, Katamari, etc are also reasonably common and only carry a slight premium. It's when you get into girls who like other modern games, like Mass Effect and Smash Bros that you start having to search harder. And if you want some 20+ year gaming vet who can beat Contra 3 on one life and knows what Culdcept is? Be prepared to look forever.

If you happen to be going for that last category, it really just 100% luck. Most hardcore gamer girls seem not to properly understand how much clout their gaming abilities give them, and thus just end up getting married very early due to the constant stream of guys climbing over each other to date them. Unless you happen to have a close friend from childhood who fits that description and you've always been very close it's probably best to set your sights a little lower.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#16deprofundis442Posted 11/14/2012 12:41:00 PM
Nicodimus posted...
Nicodimus posted...

Forgot looks.

Most women rate looks fairly low in importance. It might get you a date, but not anything long-term unless you also have what they are looking for in the other areas.

Is that most women, or most attractive women?
#17Nmilek1Posted 11/14/2012 12:48:58 PM
A copy of Earthbound, a steel net and patience.
#18TerotrousPosted 11/14/2012 12:51:27 PM(edited)
Nmilek1 posted...
A copy of Earthbound, a steel net and patience.

Doesn't work, they've probably already got Earthbound or they find it to be an overrated game and can't be lured in by it.

You'd need to bait that trap with Rendering Ranger R2 at the bare minimum. Or maybe a sealed copy of Chrono Trigger. While they're examining the H-Seam to see if it's legit, that's when you spring the net.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#19huyiPosted 11/14/2012 1:00:03 PM
justchill433 posted...
Meh typically gamer girls are not the girls Id date. A lot are attention whores or weird among other things. Thats not to say some arent cool. I saw Lindsay Sterling at a local bar last night and she was awesome. The cool ones are really rare.

nah that is just attention freaks trying to get a bit of fame on youtube, i usually cuss them down when i see them they give us real gamers a bad image and i hate it, most of them prob haven't even picked up a game pad in their whole lives.

then there is also the stereotypes too, but i just tend to just ignore them and just say whatever :)

as for my boyfriend, he is a gamer and i am a gamer plus we had a lot of things in common so i guess we clicked, i guess some people are lucky, i would hate to be stuck with a guy who don't like computer games they would be extremely boring and i doubt we would get along with them well.
---
UK Female Gamer
PC specs: AMD FX BULLDOZER 4100 QUAD CORE 4.0ghz ATI HD6670 8GB RAM 1TB HDD Youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#20HakaiVeilPosted 11/14/2012 1:03:06 PM
There is your problem. Don't look here.

I wouldn't have been interested in my girl at all if I found her on here.

It is also called not being a douche. That only works on vapid slags.