This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate when gamers try to rationalize game length by difficulty setting

#1SophisticationPosted 11/14/2012 1:11:24 PM
I don't know about you all, but a games length hinges on how varried it is, how many levels, locations, chapters or settings it has. I can beat Smb in 5min 15 seconds... but the game has 8 levels with 4 worlds each. The game is technically 8 levels long tho ... not 5 min and 15 seconds.

I saw some guy beat the new cod in 45min and all the fangirls got bent out of shape trying to rationalize it, justifying it by demanding he didn't play on the hardest difficulty. Lmfao!

Really? The game is the game. Nothing new will pop up by playing it on that level of difficulty. Sure it will be harder, but the game will not change. It will only slow you down thru the same levels if anything. No new levels appear to add length to your games at that difficulty. It's stupid. I'm sick of gamers rationalizing short games by tossing out the difficulty setting.

Deal with it... game is short.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#2MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/14/2012 1:14:48 PM
Sophistication Topic.
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#3Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 1:28:35 PM
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Sophistication Topic.

Got right... and it's important. There is an epidemic of idoit gamers out there and nobody is talking about them.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#4MahoganyTooth92Posted 11/14/2012 1:31:11 PM
Everybody knows what I meant.
---
The state of the pokemon board...
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/5583/thestateofthepokemonboa.png
#5mogar002Posted 11/14/2012 1:34:13 PM
I hate when people use graphics as a means of game length. I remember someone adding in the time they spent looking at the environment in Uncharted to the actual game length.
---
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.
http://i33.tinypic.com/2hwco6d.jpg
#6GeminiX7Posted 11/14/2012 1:34:22 PM
Sophistication posted...
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Sophistication Topic.

Got right... and it's important. There is an epidemic of idoit gamers out there and nobody is talking about them.

Irony is fun.

Also, if you spend that much time thinking/talking about gamers, devote that time to playing games... or doing anything else with your life. Worrying about how other people feel about things that don't have any impact on you at all is pathetic.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#7Neoprime616Posted 11/14/2012 1:37:51 PM
Sophistication posted...
I don't know about you all, but a games length hinges on how varried it is, how many levels, locations, chapters or settings it has. I can beat Smb in 5min 15 seconds... but the game has 8 levels with 4 worlds each. The game is technically 8 levels long tho ... not 5 min and 15 seconds.

I saw some guy beat the new cod in 45min and all the fangirls got bent out of shape trying to rationalize it, justifying it by demanding he didn't play on the hardest difficulty. Lmfao!

Really? The game is the game. Nothing new will pop up by playing it on that level of difficulty. Sure it will be harder, but the game will not change. It will only slow you down thru the same levels if anything. No new levels appear to add length to your games at that difficulty. It's stupid. I'm sick of gamers rationalizing short games by tossing out the difficulty setting.

Deal with it... game is short.

I agree and feel the same way, I get sick and tired of those that judge how hours you supposed to play a game instead of the content in the game.
#8IChangedMyNamePosted 11/14/2012 1:49:07 PM
I hate that I have to play a game on a harder difficulty to get more play time out of it.

Current example: Halo 4.... 13 hours on Legendary Solo, my friend on the other; 4 hours on Normal solo.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#9shawnmckPosted 11/14/2012 1:59:06 PM
I hate this too.
You complain that a game took 5 hours to beat on normal an they're like...."just raise the difficulty to Hard and it will take an additional 2 hours"...
Like if that is going to make the game any more substantive.
#10nonexistingheroPosted 11/14/2012 2:00:56 PM
5 minutes and 15 seconds for SMB is almost as good as the world record. I kinda doubt you're that fast, but it could be true.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.