This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I hate when gamers try to rationalize game length by difficulty setting

#31servb0tsPosted 11/14/2012 7:26:44 PM
Sophistication posted...
I don't know about you all, but a games length hinges on how varried it is, how many levels, locations, chapters or settings it has. I can beat Smb in 5min 15 seconds... but the game has 8 levels with 4 worlds each. The game is technically 8 levels long tho ... not 5 min and 15 seconds.

I saw some guy beat the new cod in 45min and all the fangirls got bent out of shape trying to rationalize it, justifying it by demanding he didn't play on the hardest difficulty. Lmfao!

Really? The game is the game. Nothing new will pop up by playing it on that level of difficulty. Sure it will be harder, but the game will not change. It will only slow you down thru the same levels if anything. No new levels appear to add length to your games at that difficulty. It's stupid. I'm sick of gamers rationalizing short games by tossing out the difficulty setting.

Deal with it... game is short.

^^Try beating SMB lost world japanese version on Wii, its very difficult indeed.
---
PSN Qornut. Own Nintendo & Sony systems. 08/18/11 R.I.P Megaman Legends 3
-PS3 FFXIV ARR 2.0 Day 1 Buy I can't wait to maxout Summoner
#32Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 7:26:59 PM
hijokaiden posted...
I remember people trying to rationalize Lollipop Chainsaw just because it's a "Suda" game. Ended up buying it, 5 hours long game for 60 bucks, can't rationalize with such nonsense.

I can see it now:

"Dude, beat the game in 5 hours. Games short and not worth the price of admission."

"Yeah, but did you play it on super duper extender xtreme?"

"Ummm... no, I just wanted to see and enjoy the game."

"Well that's your fault. It added 7 hours of set backs and needless deaths."

People are idiots...
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#33killakPosted 11/14/2012 7:28:37 PM
I hate when "gamers" mention game length at all.

ooh, it's short, took me around 10 hrs.

I hate when "gamers" need their hand held to get extra fun out of a game, and they need serious reason to go through it again......... AND they complain about how long it takes.

Idiots.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#34Still__RippinPosted 11/14/2012 7:31:47 PM
Sophistication posted...
MahoganyTooth92 posted...
Sophistication Topic.

Got right... and it's important. There is an epidemic of idoit gamers out there and nobody is talking about them.

We are talking about you. Skyrim can be beat in an hour. So that must mean the game is crap and only an hour long right? Lol. Idk who's alt you are but I'm fairly sure. You're a joke, just like this topic. For someone who is supposed to be "sophisticated" you sure do care a lot about meaningless pointless things.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#35Seifer_usPosted 11/14/2012 7:46:45 PM
I think length is one of the lesser worries I have with games. Too many games try to pad out the experience with a lot of unfulfilling "bonus" content as it is. I can't speak for Call of Duty because I have zero interest in it, but you get what I'm saying.

Point being: If you can't give me 20 hours of compelling entertainment; don't try to make up for it by giving me 12 hours of fun, and eight hours of boring drivel instead. Just give me all the best you have to offer, even if it's only an hour and a half. It'll be more fun and less wasted time for me in the long run. Likewise, if you can make a game that stays compelling for hundreds of hours, more power to you.

Length means jack.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#36Gam3r777Posted 11/14/2012 7:59:45 PM
I can see where TC is coming from. I hate speed running games. I'd rather do a casual run and take the time to explore and find everything. I recently tried doing God of War on Normal and it didn't make it any more enjoyable than if it was on Easy. It just mad it more annoying. Playing games on Hard is pretty overrated imo.
#37Sophistication(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2012 10:07:46 PM
Still__Rippin posted...
Sophistication posted...
Sophistication Topic.

Got right... and it's important. There is an epidemic of idoit gamers out there and nobody is talking about them.

We are talking about you. Skyrim can be beat in an hour. So that must mean the game is crap and only an hour long right? Lol. Idk who's alt you are but I'm fairly sure. You're a joke, just like this topic. For someone who is supposed to be "sophisticated" you sure do care a lot about meaningless pointless things.

You're acting as if I hate short games... That's not the case. I'm making the case that long or short, don't make excuses for the game by padding and fluffing it with modes and settings that have nothing to do with the core game.

If the game is short, it's short... That's that. I can live with it. But I hate when people try and justify the game being short to others by saying stupid, lunacy, pandemonium things like "Just play it on super duper extender xtreme mode!!" That adds nothing to the game, no content at all, other than reducing your damage on enemies. Simple and clean.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#38riddlebox89Posted 11/14/2012 10:10:21 PM
Sophistication posted...
Sophistication Topic.

You seem to be capable of talking about yourself just fine.
---
I am a dedicated member of the "Walter Sullivan Is Bad-Ass" group!!!
I am the true originator of the Cookie Demon theory on the SH2 and 3 boards.
#39TerotrousPosted 11/14/2012 11:01:41 PM
Sophistication posted...
No, it can't... the game is only as long as the developers make it. The content. Once it's over, its over. You might be able to bleed out a game, but the content is the content. Look, it's like this, you and me are both playing the same game...I'm playing on easy, you're playing on expert. You and I will see all the game has to offer... I might finish 1st because of my skill level, but the game is the game.

In Contra 3 and various other retro games, you won't see everything if you don't play on the hardest difficulty. Also, even on easy, it's going to take a number of tries to beat the game. It doesn't make it that much easier.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#40Stanger5150Posted 11/14/2012 11:06:15 PM
Sophistication posted...
I don't know about you all, but a games length hinges on how varried it is, how many levels, locations, chapters or settings it has. I can beat Smb in 5min 15 seconds... but the game has 8 levels with 4 worlds each. The game is technically 8 levels long tho ... not 5 min and 15 seconds.

I saw some guy beat the new cod in 45min and all the fangirls got bent out of shape trying to rationalize it, justifying it by demanding he didn't play on the hardest difficulty. Lmfao!

Really? The game is the game. Nothing new will pop up by playing it on that level of difficulty. Sure it will be harder, but the game will not change. It will only slow you down thru the same levels if anything. No new levels appear to add length to your games at that difficulty. It's stupid. I'm sick of gamers rationalizing short games by tossing out the difficulty setting.

Deal with it... game is short.

Even with the 1-2 and 4-2 warps, I still call bull****
---
PSN- BlackRain8782
Now playing: Alone in the Dark Inferno, Okami HD, Bioshock 2, Fairytale Fights, Prince of Persia (2008)