This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Killzone...what did SONY accomplish with this IP?

#11crazyman32Posted 11/14/2012 8:00:05 PM(edited)
DrGonzo615 posted...
oh wait, I thought this was a serious topic, but then I saw it was from Joeydollaz lulz

lol yeah joeydollaz strikes again
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#12CrimsonGear80Posted 11/14/2012 7:55:07 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
Sony likes shooters:

Haze, KZ, Resistance, MAG, Warhawk, UC, Socom.

"Likes" is very different than "Rely"
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#13kcypher2000Posted 11/14/2012 7:56:58 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Sony likes shooters:

So what do they rely on cause xbox sells more software and ps3 owners rather play CoD just like xbox owners. Difference is xbox has 2 shooters and they both actually sell well.
#14iPr0kkaFTWPosted 11/14/2012 7:57:05 PM
Yup another piece of s*** topic brought to you by Joeydollaz.

Killzone 2 and 3 were great. Best looking games on the PS3.
#15CrimsonGear80Posted 11/14/2012 7:59:24 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Sony likes shooters:

So what do they rely on cause xbox sells more software and ps3 owners rather play CoD just like xbox owners. Difference is xbox has 2 shooters and they both actually sell well.

They rely on strong sales in every major area worldwide instead of the two who buy nothing but shooters.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
#16kcypher2000Posted 11/14/2012 8:00:43 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Sony likes shooters:

They rely on strong sales in every major area worldwide instead of the two who buy nothing but shooters.

Yet 360 still outsells them for most multiplatform titles and exclusives so try again.
#17Ferarri619Posted 11/14/2012 8:03:18 PM
kcypher2000 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
kcypher2000 posted...
Sony likes shooters:

Yet 360 still outsells them for most multiplatform titles and exclusives so try again.

You know the 360 is basically dead in Japan right? And that Japan is the second biggest video game cashcow in the world next to the U.S?
---
~Nintendo 64. Get N or Get out. Coming Fall 1996~
#18CrimsonGear80Posted 11/14/2012 8:04:35 PM

and that means what? Doesn't change the fact that the PS3 itself sells more worldwide. Didn't it just overtake the 360 in total sales?
---
#19kcypher2000Posted 11/14/2012 8:09:12 PM(edited)
@Ferrari

Yet my point is still true which just makes it even worse. The gap would be even bigger if the 720 does well in Japan. Just a hypothetical but imagine if MS leveraged some of their money to buy an ailing coming like Square Enix. Instant fighting chance in Japan.

Sony doesn't have the financial strength right now and lets not forget that Sony went from dominating 2 generations to last place. Publishers hesitated on supporting the 360 at first because they were waiting to see if Sony would just dominate again like with the ps1 and ps2. They won't hesitate next time.
#20kcypher2000Posted 11/14/2012 8:08:43 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

and that means what? Doesn't change the fact that the PS3 itself sells more worldwide. Didn't it just overtake the 360 in total sales?

Only in your head. Latest financials from both companies show that this isn't true. It sells less worldwide and this generation is already practically over.

Besides we were talking about software which for the most part the 360 leads in sales. Worldwide.