This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Killzone...what did SONY accomplish with this IP?

#81kcypher2000Posted 11/14/2012 10:19:19 PM
MelvinX93 posted...
Joeydollaz posted...
Think about it, it didn't even become an alternative to a COD/BF situation

their intention supposedly was to make a HALO for Sony, with 3 games in it didn't do that

I am guessing GG are making a new IP or maybe they will be given the SOCOM IP

and they can make a BF like game with that.

*facepalm*
Killzone is a unique shooter (for the time) and it has a story (albeit sometimes you don't notice it) but it's not like COD where it's just missions. And occasionally a dude dies.
And it's that difference that makes the game sell. I like the series. And none of the COD this gen interest me. I only love the first 2 and recently just Black Ops for it's zombie mode and co-op. But I have to check to see if that mode is DLC, because if it is, well I'm not buying it.

Its not DLC but future maps probably will be.
#82BloodyBoogerPosted 11/14/2012 10:21:15 PM
played and beat killzone 2 & 3. had fun times. multiplayer was superb, and i didn't even have to pay for online play. imagine that.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson
#83SophisticationPosted 11/14/2012 10:21:53 PM
As a franchise, 8.78 million ww units sold to date...

In revenue -- Lots of money.

In changing the industry -- Not much you can do with these play as a gun games. You play as a gun, you shoot things and you run around shooting other people in deathmatches online for instant gratification.

Sony probably set out to do exaxtly what they wanted to do with it. Sale a genric fps to people looking for an alternative to the generic fps they were already playing.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#84kcypher2000Posted 11/14/2012 10:22:38 PM
BloodyBooger posted...
played and beat killzone 2 & 3. had fun times. multiplayer was superb, and i didn't even have to pay for online play. imagine that.

You get what you pay for.
#85BigRussDaGODPosted 11/14/2012 10:23:24 PM
KZ2 & KZ3 are the best FPS this gen imo.
#86kloud 11Posted 11/14/2012 10:24:11 PM(edited)
they accomplished the best FPS this gen with kz2, too bad kz3 was garb
#87TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/14/2012 10:25:37 PM
I find its biggest issue is the fact that the backstory makes the ISA look like jerks, and it feels like you're supporting the bad guys.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#88crazyman32Posted 11/14/2012 10:27:52 PM
kloud 11 posted...

disagree,KZ3 was not garbage and I think it was better then KZ2
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#89kloud 11Posted 11/14/2012 10:29:57 PM
crazyman32 posted...
kloud 11 posted...

disagree,KZ3 was not garbage and I think it was better then KZ2

nah, pretty sure it's garb
#90crazyman32Posted 11/14/2012 10:32:29 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
I find its biggest issue is the fact that the backstory makes the ISA look like jerks, and it feels like you're supporting the bad guys.

The Helghast were basically Nazis on another Planet they were the real bad guys even GG said that.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM