This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation All Stars...

#1ajzootPosted 11/14/2012 11:21:00 PM
This game looks awful. It actually looks like a more unashamed, worse, less cohesive, blatant fan service money grab than Dissidia.... this is a bad looking game, and I feel like people are in denial about it.... Which is fine to a point but I just want to know that people don't actually think this looks like a high quality piece of software... Do they?
---
They say cooking is about experimenting, but no matter how many drugs I take it still tastes like crap...It needs more LSD, It doesn't taste loud enough yet.
#2lambchipsPosted 11/14/2012 11:25:31 PM
it doesnt play that well either judging from the beta....

people are just hyped because its has characters from different games (its the same reason people get hyped for smash bros before even seeing footage, but the difference is the footage for smash bros get better... while i lose more and more interest everytime i see more of psas)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#3sinncrossPosted 11/14/2012 11:30:59 PM(edited)
lol so many horrible opinions in this topic in a mere 2 posts.

amazing
---
Movie Review Blog: http://cruizd.blogspot.com
Japan is so nice!
#4TerotrousPosted 11/14/2012 11:31:33 PM
I'm just gonna copypasta what I wrote earlier:

You can tell who didn't play the demo in this topic.

Before the demo came out, you would have been fully justified in expecting this game to be crap. Its design seems to revolve around a fundamental misunderstanding of what makes Smash's gameplay fun, much like TMNT Smash Up and other bad Smash clones. But comparing this game to Smash is about as wrong as comparing Smash to a regular fighting game, because although they share some similarities at their core they're very different.

To understand what makes PSAS a good game, you first have to examine why people only ever play Smash in 1vs1. When you play Free For All in Smash, characters who have good kill moves are the only viable ones, because only the character who gets the final hit gets any credit for damaging an opponent. If you did 90% damage to an enemy, and then someone landed a kill move for 15% damage, they'd get a point and you'd get nothing. Of course, this assumes time mode, stock mode is even worse because then it's all about who gangs up on whom.

PSAS attempts to fix this by having each player build up a separate super meter and having all hits be one hit kills. Gone is the poaching of Smash, landing a hit on someone only gives you a little AP and doesn't take anything away from someone else who has been hitting them, and landing a super on an opponent doesn't diminish the AP that another player may have built up from hitting them, either. And ganging up on a player just means that they get triple the AP while the others have to divide the AP between them and can't land good combos. It's finally a game where Free For All is a balanced mode, which on its own makes it a hugely different experience from playing Smash Bros.

Also, even if you don't like some of the character choices, there's a huge degree of variety between them and pretty much all of them are interesting in their own ways.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "GEN Alien Soldier"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#5Seifer_usPosted 11/15/2012 12:07:24 AM
@Teratrous: A lot of what you listed about Smash is what makes it so fun for me. I like that it has so many variables and that you have to be aware of all your opponents and surroundings at all times because they CAN gang up on you.

For the record, I played PSAS at TGS and at home via the beta and I'm still very unimpressed. It just doesn't get nearly as frenetic as I would like. The button scheme feels more cumbersome than anything, and overall it's just very dull. Maybe the final product will be better, but I honestly don't have a lot of faith in it.
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#6ajzoot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 7:00:05 AM
I was well on board with it right up until the beta... Seeing that stupid insta kill super meter system in action blew my mind into splinters.... That's the mechanic they settled on? They decided that, and the metagames associated with that would be the final product...? Who rubber stamped that? Who built a stable of yes men so down for the cause they high fived him when he pitched that???

The reality that that isn't even slightly a good idea... coupled with the fact that it was the games only idea makes it a hard pill to swallow.
---
They say cooking is about experimenting, but no matter how many drugs I take it still tastes like crap...It needs more LSD, It doesn't taste loud enough yet.
#7JerichoDarkstarPosted 11/15/2012 7:02:18 AM
ajzoot posted...
I was well on board with it right up until the beta... Seeing that stupid insta kill super meter system in action blew my mind into splinters.... That's the mechanic they settled on? They decided that, and the metagames associated with that would be the final product...? Who rubber stamped that? Who built a stable of yes men so down for the cause they high fived him when he pitched that???

The reality that that isn't even slightly a good idea... coupled with the fact that it was the games only idea makes it a hard pill to swallow.

Do you have a Gamestop anywhere nearby? Check out the kiosk demo on their PS3's. . . then come back and talk about the game.
---
I'll make a big enough ruckus for everyone.
#8TigerJackson_Posted 11/15/2012 7:02:57 AM
sinncross posted...

amazing

wow. fanboy attack already by the 3rd post.

incredible
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/652997-tekken-tag-tournament-2/63435382
#9GeminiX7Posted 11/15/2012 7:11:01 AM
If you have any skill in SSB, the game is so laughably easy it's not funny. I think I've gotten at least +7 every match I've played in since the beta dropped. Most of the characters are way too gimmicky, to the point where thier combat has no flow due to just having moves fitting the character rather than giving players a fighting style to use, and characters that do actually work well(like Kratos) get called overpowered.

Also, the "spam specials to get kills" is stupid and feels like it was just put in so people could argue it's not a rip off of SSB. Alot of the fun of SSB was changing your strategy depending on your damage %, edge combat and spiking, launching other players around, etc. Now its just "spam whatever attack builds up the most meter and use special that takes up the whole screen". If they were going to rip off anything, the damage meter and ring outs is definitely something they should have.

Its a definite pass for me.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#10doraemonllh1989Posted 11/15/2012 7:32:56 AM
TigerJackson_ posted...
sinncross posted...

amazing

wow. fanboy attack already by the 3rd post.

incredible

ironic,since you are a well known troll too
---
my grammar sucks and i dont care
disappointing game of the year = re6 (6.5/10)