This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Playstation All Stars...

#21flame030191Posted 11/20/2012 12:41:18 AM
lambchips posted...
it doesnt play that well either judging from the beta....

people are just hyped because its has characters from different games (its the same reason people get hyped for smash bros before even seeing footage, but the difference is the footage for smash bros get better... while i lose more and more interest everytime i see more of psas)

It plays better than at least 90% of other game betas. Little to no lag, balanced characters (judging by the 6 in each beta), responsive controls, easy to learn, hard to master. It's everything in a party-styled fighting game Smash Bros Brawl.should have been but wasn't.
---
PSN ID: Troll_Face_Flame (formerly armyflame) X360 gamertag: ArmyFlame9
Sonic Adventure 2 = the last GOOD Sonic game.
#22flame030191Posted 11/20/2012 12:46:24 AM
The only match out of the dozens, if not hundreds, that I played in the beta that was boring, was the one where two guys weren't playing, leaving it to me, one guy, and two stand-still enemies, essentially becoming who can kill the most dummies.
---
#23tack129Posted 11/20/2012 12:49:21 AM
I can't tell if some of the people whom are complaining about PSASBR is a Super Smash Bros fan whom is bashing the game for no reason or if it is someone that is legitimately unhappy with the game itself after playing it for a while.
---
PSN: tack129
#24Raven-ZPosted 11/20/2012 12:55:02 AM
This game gets bashed all the time for being.too similar to Smash, while at the same time deviating from the Smash formula. Sure they're similar in terms of structure and appearance, but functionally they're completely different beasts.

I wrote it off as a clone before I ended up sinking countless hours into the beta. The characters all feel very unique and fun.to play as. Sweet Tooth and Big Daddy are heavy hitters, Jak and Ratchet are mid-range, Toro is a stance fighter, Sackboy is a zoning character, Dante and Parappa are combo-heavy, Raiden is speed-focused, Sir Dan is AoE...I could go on.

The kill system just works. It's very tactical and requires you to.keep a constant eye on your opponents meter and watch for set-ups. You can use items and level hazards to drain their meter or disable it.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#25FiendingHardPosted 11/20/2012 1:17:33 AM
Another Sony exclusive that's gonna sell horribly.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Black Ops 2, Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Sine Mora, XCOM
#26king_maddenPosted 11/20/2012 1:22:59 AM
ajzoot posted...
king_madden posted...
ajzoot posted...
Aputi posted...
I pre-ordered the game. I enjoyed the beta. I like 90% of the characters of the game. Me and a bunch of my friends will enjoy since a lot of them enjoyed the beta. I'll have fun with it to sum it all up.

I guess I'm a delusional dummy because I enjoy something you don't or what others don't either.

You can complain about it, go ahead. I just don't see what's your point, really. Most who are getting it already tried the beta and enjoyed it so you're not really gonna change their mind.

Dude that's totally cool. I've slogged through bad games. I've got copies of several awful DBZ fanservice fighting games, I've got a naruto one and of course dissidia. Doesn't do anything to change the fact that they are not good.

I can extract basic fanservice enjoyment out of a product =/= the product is good/well made.

wait a minute, so now games are bad if YOU say they are? if i like something you dont like that doesnt change the fact that its bad?

gamefaqs--where opinions go to become facts.

Well... You're right. I apologize. They aren't bad, they're just significantly worse than many other games in the same genre because of glaring imbalances and a lack of versatility with the engine that causes repetitive gameplay as well as placing real limitations on the depth of the game.

You know there's a good reason people don't play DBZ budokai at Evo right?

so basically if its not at evo its a bad game? so all the people who like it or love it, or just fans that love a bad game? not every one looks for the same thing in games that you might want to. If someone buys a game and sinks countless hours into it because THEY believe its fun, who are you to tell them "well even though you love it its a terrible game"? there is nothing in the world thats loved by everyone, anyone can give you a pro and a con about everything. whether something is a success can be judged with professional reviews, sales, and longevity, but a "good" game is merely an individual opinion.
#27kupo1705Posted 11/20/2012 1:37:53 AM
It can't be worse than Dissidia.
#28flame030191Posted 11/20/2012 1:40:58 AM
kupo1705 posted...
It can't be worse than Dissidia.

It's better than Dissidia, but I also liked that game. One of the few PSP games worth a try IMO.
---