This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LMAO @ Spike Video game awards GOTY nominees

#101MHNetioPosted 11/15/2012 9:29:56 PM
SonicMonkeys posted...
Borderlands 2 is just Borderlands with moar loot and the old classes mixed in a blender. Call of Duty and Halo are the same rehash every year or two. Mass Effect 3 took everything about Mass Effect 2 and managed to make it worse. The only new thing it brought to the table (the ending to a brilliant space epic) failed miserably.

Good on Spike for choosing fringe-popularity games that actually advanced video games as an artform and craft.

What did ME3 take from ME2 and make worse? The combat seemed more frequent with more intensity. It still suffered from the one-button-to-rule-them-all issue; (for ps3) take cover>x>use>x>run>x>dodge>x which I felt impacted on it going from good game to excellent. I'm definitely not trying to push anybody into thinking ME3 should be the winner of GOTY- I'm curious as to why you think ME3 is a step back from 2.
#102Gigahart_gaylorPosted 11/15/2012 9:35:34 PM
MetrosexualVaan posted...
Walking: The Game
or
Point and Click: The Game

What a joke.

What would you rather have? Jump: The Game? Or how about Shoot: The Game?
---
Breaking Bad, great show or greatest show?
Anybody who says Dark Souls gameplay sucks is factually incorrect.
#103Seifer_usPosted 11/16/2012 3:29:37 AM
It's really a crime that New Super Mario Bros. U is even nominated considering I doubt they've had enough time with it to formulate any kind of informed opinion on it; if they've had any time with it at all. I imagine that they simply couldn't think of another Wii game for the category and just threw it in at the last minute.

Given the VGA's track record I really am amazed they're showing some taste in nominating Journey in so many categories. It won't win any besides Best Independent, but hey, it's a start.

I wonder how much merchandise and free goodies everyone had to throw at Spike this year for their nominations anyway?
---
PSN ID: Shawnji
Trophy List: http://psnprofiles.com/Shawnji
#104TiaelPosted 11/16/2012 3:43:08 AM
Scion_Machina posted...

Don't be ashamed. I loved the living hell out of the game even though the plot wasn't up to stuff. Still had fun playing it.

It was definitely one of my favorite JRPGs this gen, but I did enjoy Xenoblade more.
The Last Story is a lot of fun however.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#105Shadow CloudPosted 11/16/2012 5:47:22 AM
How is Gearbox nominated for studio of the year, but not have Borderlands 2 as one of the games of the year nominee?