This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

LMAO @ Spike Video game awards GOTY nominees

#51regsantotomasPosted 11/15/2012 3:54:55 PM
I'm actually really glad that Walking Dead is getting the recognition is truly deserves.

$25 for all the episodes. More than worth it. It isn't always about challenge but often it is about the experience as a whole.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#52ShinXaguraPosted 11/15/2012 3:57:24 PM
CyhortI82 posted...
Can we all just finally agree that all awards shows are completely pointless and only about the people involved in whatever industry the award is for patting themselves on the back for two hours?

This. I agree
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#53Devilman_AmonPosted 11/15/2012 3:59:45 PM
Bestia_Somnia posted...
Borderlands 2 was one of the most anticipated games of 2012 and one of the most successful games this year. If it's not even a nominee for GotY then the award itself is a fraudulent joke.

Successful =/= good
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#54FiendingHardPosted 11/15/2012 4:02:45 PM
I don't agree with Journey being on there but I can see why they picked it.

I would also add Borderlands 2 and XCOM to the GotY nominee pool.
---
What is faith then but persistent hope in the face of relentless doubt.
Now Playing: Zone of the Enders HD Collection, Sine Mora, XCOM, Final Fantasy 6
#55Rama_IIIPosted 11/15/2012 4:07:04 PM
Aww...buncha casuals and teenagers mad that their run-n-gun game didn't make the grade? That's so sad.
---
The Garden Of Rama
Arthur C. Clarke is the one true God.
#56LAGswitchLARRYPosted 11/15/2012 4:10:48 PM
Xcom already won.

No need to even have the show.
---
I always win online. DEWD RAIDER: aka UNCHARTED: A Tomb Raider wannabe Corridor Simulator for casuals who can't play platform or explore on their own.
#57SoaringDivePosted 11/15/2012 4:12:12 PM
Journey and The Walking Dead make sense. They're, pretty much, the only games on PS3 this year that have even an ounce of creativity behind them, rather that just being brain dead generic and required no actual thought into the game like everything else.

Good choices.
---
PM me if you add me (I won't bite... hard)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive
#58seanstromanPosted 11/15/2012 4:27:16 PM
MasterVading posted...
Yea the only contenders should be shooters.

shooters are overrated to me
#59BokuxPicoPosted 11/15/2012 4:38:19 PM
Spike is trying to avoid the stereotype of being for dumb call of duty frat boy gamers. Either way you should never take game awards seriously.
#60JahkeemyorkPosted 11/15/2012 4:40:01 PM
velvet_hammer posted...
Journey and Walking dead made the list and games like Borderlands 2 didnt.. This game has the second highest metacritic this year right behind ME3.... Journey and Walking dead are great games but small psn games should never make GOTY.

I always knew they where a joke but really, lmao...

http://www.spike.com/events/video-game-awards-2012-nominees/voting/game-of-the-year

Well Journey did win runner-up place in Japan's GOTY, with Gravity Daze in first place soooo.. can't say it's a complete surprise..