This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman: Absolution dev says game limited by current gen

#61GBeaudoinPosted 11/15/2012 10:13:34 PM
Golden Maven posted...
Acquire posted...
We're long overdue for a new generation. Should've started last year.

Not really. I think we recently hit the ceiling with graphics. That's the best time of any generation - when developers need to build on the gameplay to entice people.

Well said. Now they can concentrate on actually making decent games for a change.
---
NHL13
#62CyhortI82Posted 11/15/2012 10:40:26 PM
At this point in a gaming generation devs should know how to get the most out of consoles. If they can't, then it's their fault for not being able to use hardware that's been standard for about 8 years.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#63crazyman32Posted 11/15/2012 10:41:22 PM
CyhortI82 posted...
At this point in a gaming generation devs should know how to get the most out of consoles. If they can't, then it's their fault for not being able to use hardware that's been standard for about 8 years.

many developers are perfectionists and no matter how good a game looks and plays they always think they can do better.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#64LifeOfSynPosted 11/15/2012 10:44:31 PM
Well, by OPM UK's review (the only reviews I trust), it doesn't sound THAT limited.
---
Inhale: My Games Blog - http://inhaletheplague.blogspot.co.uk/
#65CyhortI82Posted 11/15/2012 10:45:35 PM
crazyman32 posted...
CyhortI82 posted...

many developers are perfectionists and no matter how good a game looks and plays they always think they can do better.

Considering some of the Hitman games that have been released, I think it's safe to say these guys aren't perfectionists.
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#66SophisticationPosted 11/15/2012 10:47:02 PM
crazyman32 posted...
CyhortI82 posted...

When I think of perfectionist in the gaming industry I don't think of the developers behind The Hitman series. I think of like Shigeru Myamatoespato and the guy who always wore sunglasses and leather jackets, the pervert who made all them games with giant chested women in fighting games. I think of Jason Rubin, Mark Cerny... Andy Gavin. Those are perfectionist -- Not this crew who brings you Hitman games.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#67xxcheexxPosted 11/15/2012 10:53:35 PM
Rockstar VP Dan Houser said it best:

"We use the technology we have to create content, and we try not to let ourselves get beholden to the hardware," he stated.

"The fact that hardware's so mature right now is exactly why we're able to go on to the next level."

He stressed that the acclaimed developer is a content company, not a hardware firm.
---
psn id: wicked_being
- xsolstice -
#68lambchipsPosted 11/15/2012 11:09:09 PM
pc game ripped the game apart.... so the article is probably referring to that
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#69MarioFanaticXVPosted 11/15/2012 11:40:48 PM
Acquire posted...
TC, the PS3 and 360 are 6-7 year old machines based on 8 year old technology. Generations have usually lasted between 4 and 5 years. Last generation only lasted 5 years. The Xbox was only around for 4 years The fact that developers can make games that look as good as they do and somehow still run decently is amazing. We're long overdue for a new generation. Should've started last year.

This might be true if developers were trying to push something more important than "Ooooh shinier graphics" with that horsepower you're dreaming of. If we put it to use for better AI, I'd be behind upgrading 100%. At this point, I find the Wii, 360, and PS3 to already be superfluous as all they use the extra power for is to improve graphics, a point that was dead as soon as the PS2 came out.
---
"O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:"
1 Tim 6:20
#70KlobziPosted 11/15/2012 11:45:51 PM
Oh man... this isn't good. I mean, the devs are right but it seems they are blaming the consoles for their lack of competence.
I'll still be getting day 1 though.