This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Hitman: Absolution dev says game limited by current gen

#71SophisticationPosted 11/15/2012 10:46:29 PM
lambchips posted...
pc game ripped the game apart.... so the article is probably referring to that

but even still, if the PC is a blank canvas -- a super powerful tool that these developers can go wild on and create what they want, why don't they just do that? Why can't they do that and then water down the console versions?

It seems to me they can't blame the games lack of innovation on the current hardware when they had a PC they could've developed it on first.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#72MinamoPosted 11/15/2012 11:13:17 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
you know.....ps2 can handle blood money and they cant make one because of limited by current gen?i dont know man...sounds BS to me

This. If you can't make a game as good as Blood Money on the PS3/360, you, as a developer, suck. Don't blame the current gen consoles, blame your own ineptitude.
#73AsucaHayashiPosted 11/15/2012 11:14:31 PM
Why can't they do that and then water down the console versions?

the industry as a whole is biased against PC and too much favoritism pretty much translates to bad business... which is funny because the goddamn series started on PC like so many others.
---
If console gaming is so cheap then why do I have to spend $600~ in order to play Super Mario Galaxy, Uncharted 3 and Halo 3?
#74ChargrilledPosted 11/15/2012 11:29:52 PM
Universquall posted...
Well it is true that this gen has gone for too long.

---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#75You_Need_A_LifePosted 11/16/2012 5:44:14 AM
Aren't ALL games limited by their current gen?
#76killakPosted 11/16/2012 6:04:32 AM
No mention of what couldn't be done......what's the point in mentioning it?
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#77HakaiVeilPosted 11/16/2012 7:54:59 AM
Real translation - We were held back by our idiocy in not knowing how to handle our current hardware.
#78UniversquallPosted 11/16/2012 7:56:05 AM
killak posted...
No mention of what couldn't be done......what's the point in mentioning it?

They managed the real-time weapon change. But couldn't get the enemy crabs in there.
---
After the Fallout
#79killakPosted 11/16/2012 7:57:18 AM
lol, Uni.

That must be it. The current generation limited the ability to create weapons that can't be holstered.

God help me if 47 can pick up a lounge
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#80UniversquallPosted 11/16/2012 8:00:33 AM
killak posted...
lol, Uni.

That must be it. The current generation limited the ability to create weapons that can't be holstered.

God help me if 47 can pick up a lounge

He can. In Deus Ex 47.
---
After the Fallout