This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is anyone really dissatisfied with console capabilities this gen?

#1PoorCountryPosted 11/15/2012 8:19:22 PM
I've seen it said a few times that this gen has gone on too long. I'm fine with the PS3 and what it can do -- I'm just a little bored of how games are often designed.
#2ShinXaguraPosted 11/15/2012 8:22:56 PM
IMO I hate DLC and Trophies but the games are great. This gen did ok.
---
You must defeat my SCREAMING DRAGON BULLET to stand a chance.
#3AlltraPosted 11/15/2012 8:30:15 PM
Mixed bag. I like some of the features, but most of them are just fodder that's pretty pointless. They could definitely cut the fat next gen, they're starting to look like PCs with all the extra garbage programs cluttering things up.

Plus, I'm still waiting for a machine with true cross compatibility. PS3 has limited cross compatibility with the PSP and Vita using PSOne Classics, but I want that level of compatibility extended to PS3 games on the Vita. I'm still waiting for the day when I can buy a single copy of Dark Souls for the PS3 and copy the game to my Vita and play it on the go.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#4TheTrueNubPosted 11/15/2012 8:32:04 PM
I just want anti-aliasing, v-sync and constant frame rates.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#5SophisticationPosted 11/15/2012 8:32:54 PM
Super super disappointments around the house...
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#6morrigans_shirtPosted 11/15/2012 8:37:46 PM
I'm tired of loading screens - of any type or length. Unfortunately, I doubt the next generation will eliminate them
#7Gam3r777Posted 11/15/2012 8:39:39 PM
Nah. I'm fine with it's capabilities. I'm just disappointed at the lack of quality rpg's this gen. And no, I'm not interested in overrated shovelware like Skyrim or Mass Effect.
#8RayconPosted 11/15/2012 8:40:14 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#9jubjub360Posted 11/15/2012 8:40:31 PM
Gam3r777 posted...
Nah. I'm fine with it's capabilities. I'm just disappointed at the lack of quality rpg's this gen. And no, I'm not interested in overrated shovelware like Skyrim or Mass Effect.

Not sure if you know what shovelware is.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#10SieKensouPosted 11/15/2012 8:44:18 PM
Alltra posted...
Mixed bag. I like some of the features, but most of them are just fodder that's pretty pointless. They could definitely cut the fat next gen, they're starting to look like PCs with all the extra garbage programs cluttering things up.

Plus, I'm still waiting for a machine with true cross compatibility. PS3 has limited cross compatibility with the PSP and Vita using PSOne Classics, but I want that level of compatibility extended to PS3 games on the Vita. I'm still waiting for the day when I can buy a single copy of Dark Souls for the PS3 and copy the game to my Vita and play it on the go.

they started it off with Little Big Planet. were you not paying attention? (other games just need to pick this up and use it)
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462