This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is anyone really dissatisfied with console capabilities this gen?

#11AlltraPosted 11/15/2012 8:45:14 PM
If anything, stuff like Cross Edge, Trinity Universe, Hyperdimension Neptunia, Ar Tonelico Qoga, Disgaea 3 and 4, Tokitotowa, ect.... would fit the definition of "Shovelware" a hell of a lot better.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#12DraykonPosted 11/15/2012 8:45:31 PM
Gam3r777 posted...
Nah. I'm fine with it's capabilities. I'm just disappointed at the lack of quality rpg's this gen. And no, I'm not interested in overrated shovelware like Skyrim or Mass Effect.

Not sure if you know what shovelware is.

"Shovelware (sometimes also crapware or garbageware) is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness."

I'd say Gam3r777 hit the nail on the head. Also Gam3r, ever try Dark Souls?
---
"So...yeah....and stay dead." - Raven from Tales of Vesperia
(PSN: TheDraykon GT: Draykon)
#13SieKensouPosted 11/15/2012 8:46:27 PM
AT3 is a big budget title afaik.
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#14jubjub360Posted 11/15/2012 8:47:43 PM
Draykon posted...
Gam3r777 posted...
Nah. I'm fine with it's capabilities. I'm just disappointed at the lack of quality rpg's this gen. And no, I'm not interested in overrated shovelware like Skyrim or Mass Effect.

"Shovelware (sometimes also crapware or garbageware) is a derogatory computer jargon term that refers to software noted more for the quantity of what is included than for the quality or usefulness."

He hit the nail on the head about as well as RollingCradle thinks that the WiiU is true next gen.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#15AlltraPosted 11/15/2012 8:49:59 PM
I was paying attention. I didn't say it wasn't being done, but the amount of support the feature is getting is, frankly, lacking. I don't want one or two games, or even a small handful of games to use the feature. I want ALL of them to use the feature. I want to freely switch back and forth between the PS3 and my PSP / Vita playing the same games.

I want to come home from work, pop Dark Souls into my PS3, and play until I'm bored with it. Then, when I commute to work, I want to be able to grab my VITA and play Castlevania: Lords of Shadow while I'm riding the bus or the train.

Which is exactly what I can do with PSOne Classics right now.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#16DraykonPosted 11/15/2012 8:50:20 PM
Draykon posted...
Gam3r777 posted...

He hit the nail on the head about as well as RollingCradle thinks that the WiiU is true next gen.

RollingCradle must be right then, Skyrim is chalk full of needless content. It seems to be a Bethesda trademark. Tons of pointless little missions just to pad out the playtime. Not sure about ME3, but the first two were the same.
---
"So...yeah....and stay dead." - Raven from Tales of Vesperia
(PSN: TheDraykon GT: Draykon)
#17jubjub360Posted 11/15/2012 8:51:51 PM(edited)
Draykon posted...
Draykon posted...
Gam3r777 posted...

RollingCradle must be right then, Skyrim is chalk full of needless content. It seems to be a Bethesda trademark. Tons of pointless little missions just to pad out the playtime. Not sure about ME3, but the first two were the same.

Then that's your opinion. I don't agree with it but I respect it.

Also, no RollingCradle is not right.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#18SieKensouPosted 11/15/2012 8:52:23 PM
Alltra posted...
I was paying attention. I didn't say it wasn't being done, but the amount of support the feature is getting is, frankly, lacking. I don't want one or two games, or even a small handful of games to use the feature. I want ALL of them to use the feature. I want to freely switch back and forth between the PS3 and my PSP / Vita playing the same games.

I want to come home from work, pop Dark Souls into my PS3, and play until I'm bored with it. Then, when I commute to work, I want to be able to grab my VITA and play Castlevania: Lords of Shadow while I'm riding the bus or the train.

Which is exactly what I can do with PSOne Classics right now.

playing the same games? yeah that's going to be tough.... though the sony battle royale has it..

LBP was the simultaneous double screening that was introduced by nintendo with Luigi's Mansion and 4swords
---
Tear Grants: Yappari Kawaiii~! <3<3<3
Want/Interested/Recommended Games: http://artonelico.isisview.org/viewtopic.php?p=362462#p362462
#19Dark_EpathyPosted 11/15/2012 8:53:45 PM
I'm pretty satisfied with this generation, myself. I'm still being wowed by things like Beyond and Last of Us. Granted, those are more cinematic, story-driven games that are probably very linear, but the experiences they'll offer definitely outdo a lot of what last generation had.

For the most part, the way we play games hasn't really changed. We still use controllers. We still press buttons. The only major differences are that we can connect online and see things in higher resolutions and prettier graphics. But a lot of these things still play very similarly, and I don't see how that will change all that much in the next generation.

I think we will, however, continue to see the line between game and movie blur. That's what I'm excited for. Call me "casual" if you want, but I think this new trend is exciting and has the potential to push cinematic storytelling into new boundaries beyond even what we can get from film.
---
~@_@~
Why are you people so hung up on what's canon or not? - freakazaa
#20AlltraPosted 11/15/2012 8:58:04 PM
That's what they keep promising with all this Cross Compatibility crap. They've only been doing it now since the SNES days. The roots of Cross Compatibility go back at least that far.
---