This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PlayStation 3 sales reach 70 million, PlayStation Move sales are at 15 milliion

#1PhaseBlackPosted 11/16/2012 12:25:44 AM
http://gamingbolt.com/ps3-sales-now-over-70-million-move-reaches-15-million-sold-595-million-games-sold-worldwide

Impressive sales statistics for Sony
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2OtakuGameraPosted 11/16/2012 12:30:44 AM
not bad, especially for move. that is really good numbers.
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#3SophisticationPosted 11/16/2012 12:31:19 AM
15 million moves sold and not one good game to take advantage of it? What is this bull donkey? I've had it since day one, loved the fight lights out, for what it was, but it got so old and was so trial and error. I bought the new sports champions 2 for the boxing bit, and it's horrible.

I want a real boxing game. One where I can move around, side to side, duck, jive, jib, jab and hook. Nothing will ever come of it, though. It's wasted potential. all of it. I find it hard to believe 15 million suckers, like myself, bought the move. On what grounds? Me, I bought it on the grounds they'd have more interactive sports games to offer -- that didn't happen. But I'm sure I was a small demograph, too. I wanna know what the hell the 15 million people who bought it were holding out for... sorcery wasn't it, lemme tell ya first hand. And neither is Okami.

Anyways, I'm glad Ps3 is at 70 million units, it's finally neck and neck, literally, with the xbox 360 -- a system that launched 1 and a half year earlier in some regards to the UK. I wish they'd drop to 200 so more people could jump in and enjoy some of the games they have to offer, though. I still want my Ps4 next year, though too.
---
Sophistication is knowing you like the best games, going out of your way to own them and then telling the entire world about them. I... I am sophistication.
#4DemonDog666Posted 11/16/2012 12:32:57 AM
I'm surprised kinect sales are at around 17 million, and it was advertised a hell of alot more and still is. Course there is quality to consider kinect is literally a turd and move is literally the only motion control that's accurate enough to let you play normal games.
#5albanianx1Posted 11/16/2012 12:35:26 AM
I'm surprised PSM sold 15 million, they must have made a fortune on that hardware. Looking at the Wii and PS3 (and I'd imagine 360), the sales of Wii have dropped at a massive scale the past 2 years while PS3 is still going around the same rate for 3 years running, even 2012 looks to be continuing the trend as long as Q3 is similar to previous years.

Hopefully they keep the Play Station 3 for a while longer before jumping onto next gens.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit
#6mcsmellingtonPosted 11/16/2012 12:41:37 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
I'm surprised kinect sales are at around 17 million, and it was advertised a hell of alot more and still is. Course there is quality to consider kinect is literally a turd and move is literally the only motion control that's accurate enough to let you play normal games.

I'd say Kinect is a turd and Move is a slightly less smelly turd.
---
GT: McPoo
#7ThePuddingManPosted 11/16/2012 1:01:51 AM
DemonDog666 posted...

Move is awful with normal games. I've literally never gotten more than 10 minutes into a game before I've switched back to a normal controller. Only thing Move is good for is on rails shooters like Dead Space Extraction or RE Chronicles games.. pretty much games that were originally on Wii. Feels f***ing weird and laggy in games like Killzone 3. I even had Sharpshooter for about a week before I returned that thing. Even with over and hour of calibrating Move it still sucked.
Motion controls in general suck.. Kinect.. Move.. whatever. It's all garbage. Unfortunately I found out about Move the hard way.
#8TehRYNOLPosted 11/16/2012 1:02:48 AM
I'm a massive Sony fan, and I didn't buy the Move. I'm surprised it sold so well. Glad to see Sony is doing good.
---
Official Gas Station of the Versus/Agito boards. | PSN: Gowow20
Not changing sig until Dr. Dre releases Detox! Started: October 13th 2009
#9AjescentPosted 11/16/2012 1:24:24 AM
Considering some folks have to buy 2 moves in order to get the most out of it...

Anyhoo, Move has no games?

Clearly you haven't played many games lately as most games have Move features these days so no idea what you are on about.
---
Waiting patiently for UnKarted to be announced since 4-Dec-2009
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Ajescent
#10crazyman32Posted 11/16/2012 5:55:42 AM
15 million for the Move that is really good and of course 70 million for PS3 is good as well.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM