This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3: The first Playstation console that fails to reach 100 Mil?

#21zzamaroPosted 11/19/2012 3:16:14 PM
TigerJackson_ posted...
599 proce tag

Removing backwards compatability

Ylod

Sony briefly being broke

This gen was just sad and bad

BC was available from the beginning, but people wanted a price drop. They got it and still complained. People are just never happy.
---
[This signature was deleted at the request of the La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo.]
#22LionheartCJPosted 11/19/2012 3:16:53 PM
majin nemesis posted...
killak posted...
Playstation 3: The first Playstation console to have IMMENSE competition

^^that

This,

PS1 had Saturn and N64 which were not so good compared to the SNES and the genesis

PS2 had Dreamcast, Gamecube and Xbox (Although one of my favorites the GC was probably the weakest nintendo console, Sega was losing money rapidly and cut the DC off . and xbox was MS's first console and while it was ok the PS2 was just too hot at the time)

PS3 had the Wii and 360, 360 was released quite a while before the PS3 so that gave MS alot of time to catch up after the original Xbox, and the Wii.........near enough everyone bought one of those and it was something unique and different

Sure sony made some bad desicions this gen, but they have had very strong competition and all things considered i think they have done pretty well
---
www.youtube.com/watch?v=49F4qRtNfUw - YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!, YES!!!!!, YES!!!!!!!
#23RagnoraokPosted 11/19/2012 3:20:58 PM
gilv3r posted...
Dirty_Diana posted...
So in light I recent news, Sony has announce that they have sold 70 million Playstation 3 consoles. 2012 makes it almost a full 6 years since launch. The PS1 and PS2 were well over 100 million by this point.

So do you guys think its still possible that the PS3 might reach the 100 mil milestone like its competitors or is this the end of Sony's 100 mil streak?

Competitor you mean? I believe 360 is at the same level as ps3 and even had a 1 year head start no less lololol.

360 is still a little higher in sales, but ppl keep forgetting to include that 360 decimates sony in the online sales and purchases. Hell, the 360 premium memberships is more than ps3 online sells all together. I love how ppl act like system sales mean a lot, even though MS gets most of its money from online purchases off of XBOX live, and Sony basically relies on the sales from consoles to survive. There is no arguing that much....
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#24CrimsonGear80Posted 11/19/2012 3:50:04 PM
At least Sony has had a couple of their consoles reach 100 million....
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#25morphinapgPosted 11/19/2012 3:53:21 PM
They'll probably get 100 million, it just probably won't happen until after PS4 is out.
#26RagnoraokPosted 11/19/2012 4:06:51 PM
zzamaro posted...
TigerJackson_ posted...
599 proce tag

Removing backwards compatability

Ylod

Sony briefly being broke

This gen was just sad and bad

BC was available from the beginning, but people wanted a price drop. They got it and still complained. People are just never happy.

yeah, ppl were begging for a price drop AND having reduced features? See how silly you sound. Not only would BC have increased the sales of Ps3, but it would have drastically increased the sales of older ps2 games. However, Sony was much too short sighted to comprehend this, and opted to strip away one of the main incentives to get a ps3 in the first place.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#27CrimsonGear80Posted 11/19/2012 4:18:46 PM
Not only would BC have increased the sales of Ps3

because it did a great job of that when it did have BC....

The PS3 took off with the BC-less models that had a lower price.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif NNID: ArsenalGear
#28Battleship_GrayPosted 11/19/2012 4:18:53 PM
Armchair corporate execs are funny.
---
http://citizen-industries.deviantart.com
PSN/XBL: Citizen Soldat
#29deprofundis442Posted 11/19/2012 4:19:55 PM
killak posted...
I really don't see how the price was a problem, since it was pretty much inline with the PS2 cost, and was very high tech for a console.

i think the price was just an excuse to bash on it, since the 360 was it's serious competition this time and you can't debate cost.

I've brought this one up before. It's a point that goes largely ignored.