This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After playing Black Ops 2 campaign, I popped in Killzone 2..

#1deathsaber79Posted 11/16/2012 10:04:03 AM
And its campaign absolutely curb stomps BO2 in every way. Graphics, feel, physics, weapons, art direction. Following up BO2 with KZ2 I feel like I'm playing something from a whole other later console generation-

I'm not really intending knocking BO2 here, just remaking how ahead of its time Killzone 2 is- if it came out today everyone would still be raving about how its one of the best looking titles ever. What a great game.
#2pspoweryeahPosted 11/16/2012 10:05:31 AM
I thought KZ2's campaign was dull and boring. KZ3's campaign was much better. Either way they all go in the "Decent" campaign section. Nothing special.
---
My Assassin's Creed 3 Video Review -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9psH4Rh4sA
#3Dark World RulerPosted 11/16/2012 10:07:43 AM
pspoweryeah posted...
I thought KZ2's campaign was dull and boring. KZ3's campaign was much better. Either way they all go in the "Decent" campaign section. Nothing special.

Killzone 3 has by far my favorite campaign in an FPS, I just can't get into Killzone 2's campaign for anything. The set pieces in KZ3 trounce it and the atmosphere and art style are way better.
---
I am the son and the heir,
Of a shyness that is criminally vulgar
#4Still__RippinPosted 11/16/2012 10:14:07 AM
Do you feel better now TC? Honestly I'll never understand how desperate someone needs to be do bash COD's campaign. Newsflash. If you are buying COD for campaign everyone is laughing at you. COD is a MP focused game. And as far as every single FPS on PS3 goes any COD game curbstomps them to death in that regard, you know, the only one that matters.
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls
#5David_FaustinoPosted 11/16/2012 10:16:34 AM
my favorite part about killzone 2's campaign is the controller response lag, taking 3 seconds to turn to my left or right
---
"Professor McGonagall began rapping, like Ludacris."
#6Dark_SpiretPosted 11/16/2012 10:31:51 AM
K2 had that more methodical pacing, a weightier feel to combat and needing to really use cover made it a bit more unique in comparison to other shooter out there. However K3 threw it all out the window in favor of more straight forward shooting and awful scripted, onrails turret sections all over. K3's campaign was one of the dullest iv played all generation, but atleast it was only 4-ish hours long. so i didnt have to suffer much.

Say what you want about BO2, but atleast they tried to mix it up both in what youre doing and having some level of choice and freedom in places.
---
Currently playing: FTL - X-COM: EU - Hotline Miami
#7docholliday504Posted 11/16/2012 10:38:41 AM
While I haven't played BOII yet, Killzone 2's campaign wasn't as good as any of the 1st 8 Call of Duty campaigns, I can't imagine its better than BOII's campaign either.
---
Wii Number: 2350 5528 3593 6022
PSN ID: docholliday504 Gamertag: docholliday504 Now Playing...Madden 2013, Dark Souls, Halo 4
#8RollingCradlePosted 11/16/2012 10:40:07 AM
KZ2 is a muddy mess and still runs at only half of Blops frame rate, pathetic.
#9este914Posted 11/16/2012 10:49:15 AM
docholliday504 posted...
While I haven't played BOII yet, Killzone 2's campaign wasn't as good as any of the 1st 8 Call of Duty campaigns, I can't imagine its better than BOII's campaign either.

It was better then CoD 3 ... I found that campaign to be a bit dull and dragged out.
---
-> este914 <-
WHO ELSE?!
#10RayconPosted 11/16/2012 10:58:09 AM
David_Faustino posted...
my favorite part about killzone 2's campaign is the controller response lag, taking 3 seconds to turn to my left or right

I completely agree. There's just something about the "weighted" feel of the movements that really draw me in. I'm not normally a fan of military shooters like that, but it's style was very unique. It's probably one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth