This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After playing Black Ops 2 campaign, I popped in Killzone 2..

#11THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 11/16/2012 10:59:31 AM
Raycon posted...
David_Faustino posted...
my favorite part about killzone 2's campaign is the controller response lag, taking 3 seconds to turn to my left or right

I completely agree. There's just something about the "weighted" feel of the movements that really draw me in. I'm not normally a fan of military shooters like that, but it's style was very unique. It's probably one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much.

I hated that....I'll never understand why KZ2 fans loved that lag. Turned off alot of people.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#12SS_MetalSonicPosted 11/16/2012 11:13:33 AM
THE_PS1_PATRIOT posted...
Raycon posted...
David_Faustino posted...
my favorite part about killzone 2's campaign is the controller response lag, taking 3 seconds to turn to my left or right

I completely agree. There's just something about the "weighted" feel of the movements that really draw me in. I'm not normally a fan of military shooters like that, but it's style was very unique. It's probably one of the reasons I enjoyed it so much.

I hated that....I'll never understand why KZ2 fans loved that lag. Turned off alot of people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8G0Vc0nwsM&feature=plcp
---
PSWiiPC60DS - Deus Ex, Crysis, Skyward Sword, Battlefield 3, LIMBO
Forza 4, God of war 3, Bioshock 2, Donkey Kong Country, Halo 4, Skyrim, Fallout : NV
#13RayconPosted 11/16/2012 11:20:41 AM
Raycon posted...
David_Faustino posted...

Eh, it's really the thing that set it apart from other shooters for me. There are plenty of shooters with perfect reaction time twitch-turn, so the slower pace of this one was a welcome relief.
---
"'Devil May Cry' reboot to run at 30FPS but feel like 60FPS"- Ninja Theory
Hahaha, I'll only pay $30 but it will feel like $60!- Flareth
#14deathsaber79(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 12:21:42 PM
Yes, I like the feeling of "weight" too. You actually feel like a person walking, instead of just a floating camera.

See, I don't need my shooters to be set-piecey all the time. I just enjoy the sensation of being a person in the game, and using my wits, limited weapons, and abilities to prevail over the enemies/environment.

Call of Duty games always feel like manufactured theme park rides- kind of like something you would ride on in Universal Studios, and half on auto pilot. You go through a linear tunnel while all this crazy stuff happens & the game spawns endless badguys at you. There is no sensation of actually besting any foes- its all just a shooting gallery- shoot guys quickly and efficiently, so the red glow of death doesn't get too dark and you die. The game never just slows down and lets you actually stop and appreciate a single environment.
Look, I enjoy CoD multiplayer, don't get your panties in a bunch, but the campaigns (and certainly the engine/graphics/sound and feel of the actually shooting are so much better in Killzone.
#15SonicMonkeysPosted 11/16/2012 12:25:50 PM
Raycon posted...
David_Faustino posted...

because playing as a floating gun that actually moves like a floating gun, and not like someone holding a gun, is stupid.
---
Blame your fate.
#16MourningReignsPosted 11/16/2012 1:44:49 PM
ITT: People try to say poor controls are good design choices.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#17crazyman32Posted 11/16/2012 1:50:26 PM
I liked KZ3 over 2 but,I had fun playing both their campaigns over COD campaigns.
---
PSN ID:gearhead32
I used to care but now I take a pill for that http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KaOrSuWZeM
#18Deimos259Posted 11/16/2012 1:54:55 PM
The weight in Killzone 2 never really bothered me. I don't deny that it's there - it's just that I don't get bothered or even notices it.

However, its Single Player wasn't what I would call good... Maybe the last part was. If I'm ever going to enjoy BO2 I would need to lower my expectations quite a bit if isn't even better than KZ2
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.