This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What games were promising (to you) in development but sucked when released?

#1DemonDog666Posted 11/16/2012 12:55:20 PM
These games I had my eye on in development but upon release were clear they sucked so I didn't buy.

FFXIII
Hunted Demon's Forge
Knight Contract (I liked folklore and same devs)
X Blades
Brink
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Fairytale Fights
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (best game in the list, was just too easy and unbalanced for me)
Overlord
Shadows of the Damned
#2bloodcoastPosted 11/16/2012 12:56:13 PM
Assassin's Creed 3.
#3HakaiVeilPosted 11/16/2012 12:56:51 PM
Dishonored.

Didn't really suck, but we heard and saw EPIC things in development that don't exist upon release.
#4rahmed51387Posted 11/16/2012 12:59:46 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
These games I had my eye on in development but upon release were clear they sucked so I didn't buy.

FFXIII
Hunted Demon's Forge
Knight Contract (I liked folklore and same devs)
X Blades
Brink
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Fairytale Fights
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (best game in the list, was just too easy and unbalanced for me)
Overlord
Shadows of the Damned

I'm inclined to disagree with the last choice. While it didn't do too hot in sales, it was quite a fun game otherwise. It's out for pretty cheap, I'd honestly suggest you reconsider this one.
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#5Large_TonberryPosted 11/16/2012 1:03:45 PM
White Knight Chronicles. I was so excited for Level-5's first entry on the PS3, and I'd played almost every game they've made (barring the JP only ones). Couldn't believe how horribly mediocre and stale everything was... such a let down.

Heavy Rain. I thought Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) was an interesting concept, but executed poorly, but HR was looking like a huge improvement. Instread it had about a million plot holes, dodgy acting, cringe-worthy dialogue at times, and the plot didn't hold up well for a game that was meant to be entirely story-driven.
#6DemonDog666(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 1:06:49 PM(edited)
rahmed51387 posted...
I'm inclined to disagree with the last choice. While it didn't do too hot in sales, it was quite a fun game otherwise. It's out for pretty cheap, I'd honestly suggest you reconsider this one.

Believe me I don't care about sales, and although there may be some fun to be had, I have a backlog and games that I actually want that I haven't picked up yet. There's no way this would get high enough up the ladder.

Large_Tonberry posted...
White Knight Chronicles. I was so excited for Level-5's first entry on the PS3, and I'd played almost every game they've made (barring the JP only ones). Couldn't believe how horribly mediocre and stale everything was... such a let down.

Heavy Rain. I thought Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) was an interesting concept, but executed poorly, but HR was looking like a huge improvement. Instread it had about a million plot holes, dodgy acting, cringe-worthy dialogue at times, and the plot didn't hold up well for a game that was meant to be entirely story-driven.

Heavy Rain did get the gameplay right, just need better writers.
#7Video_Game_CzarPosted 11/16/2012 1:08:56 PM
Darksiders II and Borderlands 2

Can't tell you how disappointed I am with both those titles.
---
PSN: VideoGameCzar l XBL: VideoGameCzar l Steam: TheVideoGameCzar
#8Large_TonberryPosted 11/16/2012 1:10:29 PM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
Heavy Rain did get the gameplay right, just need better writers.

Yeah, the gameplay was alright; at least they didn't go bat **** crazy and start introducing supernatural-Matrix-esque stuff half way through again. That was just awful in Fahrenheit.

Someone definitely needs to help David Cage with the writing for Beyond: Two Souls. He's clearly not qualified to do it all by himself.

Video_Game_Czar posted...
Darksiders II and Borderlands 2

Can't tell you how disappointed I am with both those titles.

Why are you so disappointed with BL2? It's a vast improvement over the first game!
#9ThamauturgePosted 11/16/2012 1:09:18 PM
I wouldnt say it sucked, but Dissidia 012 ended up disappointing me.
---
Vayne Solidor of the DD012FF Board
Currently playing: MGS: PW HD, MGS4, Dark Souls, Dynasty Warriors 7
#10rahmed51387Posted 11/16/2012 1:09:28 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
rahmed51387 posted...

Believe me I don't care about sales, and although there may be some fun to be had, I have a backlog and games that I actually want that I haven't picked up yet. There's no way this would get high enough up the ladder.

If you don't mind me asking, what factors of this game are putting it back for you?
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.