This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think the Xbox 360's exclusives are better than the PS3's?

#21PoorCountryPosted 11/16/2012 6:28:14 PM
Universquall posted...
PoorCountry posted...
I think it is literally impossible for any 360 game to be better than any game on the PS3. The 360's fan is louder than everything in my house. It is the loudest thing in the entire neighborhood. Even louder than everything else on the planet, as it is the only thing I hear when it's on. I tried playing the Witcher 2 on it -- any ambience, music, or voice acting was wasted on this loud son of a pleasantry, for I couldn't hear them. All I heard was the fan.

Launch piece of crap?

I have a used piece of crap that I bought after my launch piece of crap melted itself, despite the great, strenuous efforts of its equally-loud fan.
#22UniversquallPosted 11/16/2012 6:29:52 PM
PoorCountry posted...
I have a used piece of crap that I bought after my launch piece of crap melted itself, despite the great, strenuous efforts of its equally-loud fan.

That's your problem. Always buy new and buy a new 360 every year. Viva Pinata in a launch 360 is amazing. It was confirmed that the noise is deliberate.
---
After the Fallout
#23PoorCountryPosted 11/16/2012 6:29:56 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
PoorCountry posted...
I think it is literally impossible for any 360 game to be better than any game on the PS3. The 360's fan is louder than everything in my house. It is the loudest thing in the entire neighborhood. Even louder than everything else on the planet, as it is the only thing I hear when it's on. I tried playing the Witcher 2 on it -- any ambience, music, or voice acting was wasted on this loud son of a pleasantry, for I couldn't hear them. All I heard was the fan.

I'm 99% sure there is something wrong with your Xbox lol.

I have a cooling fan attached to it. I learned it was a necessity as the 360 is liable to fry its brains out without a cooling fan.
#24PoorCountryPosted 11/16/2012 6:32:11 PM
Universquall posted...
PoorCountry posted...

That's your problem. Always buy new and buy a new 360 every year. Viva Pinata in a launch 360 is amazing. It was confirmed that the noise is deliberate.

Good advice, but I think I'll stick with my raving loud bastard 360 until it screams itself into cardiac arrest. Thanks.
#25WantedOutlawPosted 11/16/2012 6:37:20 PM
PoorCountry posted...
Universquall posted...
PoorCountry posted...

Good advice, but I think I'll stick with my raving loud bastard 360 until it screams itself into cardiac arrest. Thanks.

Well that's what happens when you're poor and you buy things cheap and used. The old fat pre-Jasper 360's were like jet engines. Your fault for buying that garbage. Newer slim 360's are extremely quiet and reliable and have been for several years now. My slim 360 is actually more quiet than my new super slim PS3. I'm not sure WTF Sony was thinking making the super slims louder than the regular slims. Dumb move. I'm sort of thinking about returning it and trying to find a regular slim somewhere.
#26LordOfLegaciesPosted 11/16/2012 6:39:36 PM
fhsfootball74 posted...
I like Halo better than Resistance or Killzone but beyond that I prefer PS3 exclusives over 360 exclusives .

Agree with this 100%.
I have a 360 and a PC along with my PS3, and with the PC there's far far fewer 360 "exclusives", because most of them are on PC as well, just not on PS3.
360 does have some good exclusives, but PS3 has more good ones, and of higher quality.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#27PoorCountryPosted 11/16/2012 6:45:22 PM
WantedOutlaw posted...
PoorCountry posted...
Universquall posted...
PoorCountry posted...

Well that's what happens when you're poor and you buy things cheap and used. The old fat pre-Jasper 360's were like jet engines. Your fault for buying that garbage. Newer slim 360's are extremely quiet and reliable and have been for several years now. My slim 360 is actually more quiet than my new super slim PS3. I'm not sure WTF Sony was thinking making the super slims louder than the regular slims. Dumb move. I'm sort of thinking about returning it and trying to find a regular slim somewhere.

It's my fault to have ownership of the loudest thing in the history of mankind, but I'm not the one who designed it.
#28UniversquallPosted 11/16/2012 6:56:33 PM
PoorCountry posted...
It's my fault to have ownership of the loudest thing in the history of mankind, but I'm not the one who designed it.

You try designing something in a few minutes. Because something needs to rush into production.
---
After the Fallout
#29king_maddenPosted 11/16/2012 6:58:48 PM
negative.

I bought a 360 a while back, mainly for fable and to try to get into Gears (since im a fan of TPS), but other than those 2 games I didnt really have anything else I wanted to get. Im not saying the 360 exclusives are bad games or anything, just that I didnt like them.
#30PoorCountryPosted 11/16/2012 7:01:55 PM
Universquall posted...
PoorCountry posted...

You try designing something in a few minutes. Because something needs to rush into production.

I have a different solution. I'm going to pick up the 360 and put it in a different room, close the door to that room, and close the door to my room, and run the cords underneath.