This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think the Xbox 360's exclusives are better than the PS3's?

#91thesnoopmeisterPosted 11/17/2012 2:30:54 AM
Yes.
---
PSN - thesnoopmeister
Need help with account deletion - experts feel free to msg me assistance
#92snaggleooooPosted 11/17/2012 2:49:30 AM
Might want to try asking this question on a more inpartial board; you're hardly going to get a fair result on the PS3 forum.

On topic though, the PS3's were much better IMO. My main argument being that Valkyria Chronicles, my favourite game of this gaming generation, was on the PS3. Demon's Souls too.
#93UnbralPosted 11/17/2012 3:05:17 AM
I don't like generic shooters, so no.
---
The official Tenkai of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board.
#94NovaKaneXPosted 11/17/2012 3:25:07 AM
The only exclusive they have that I would want on PS3 is Gears. Don't care for anything else they have.
---
http://i40.tinypic.com/f50jfr.jpg
Cot damn!
#95joe_davidPosted 11/17/2012 6:02:57 AM
crazyman32 posted...
joe_david posted...
Yes. They sell better and the system has more variety and more retail exclusives.

I hope you are being sarcastic with that post

Why? It's a fact the 360 has way more retail exclusives in way more genres than the PS3.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_exclusives_%28seventh_generation%29#Microsoft_Xbox_360

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_exclusives_%28seventh_generation%29#Sony_PlayStation_3

Bring in XBLA vs PSN and it's even more tilted.
---
god of war 2 is the best game eva
#96RollingCradlePosted 11/17/2012 6:11:34 AM
Does a bear **** in the woods?
#97LuIzalotPosted 11/17/2012 7:49:50 AM
You guys realize that if an Xbox "exclusive" is also available on PC it's not technically exclusive right? I keep seeing Fable 3 and The Witcher 2 thrown around as exclusives. Especially the latter which wasn't even developed on consoles.
#98osboesPosted 11/17/2012 8:05:48 AM
No not in my opinion. The only other console that matches or even surpass Sony's exclusives are Nintendo systems. Even then exclusives are not usually enough to sell a system by themselves. Sony have (and always had with the PS1/PS2) a good balance of decent exclusives and multiplatform games, thus for me the only console to get should I choose only one each generation.

This gen I did manage to buy a wii so in that respect the exclusive were enough to interest me to pay for the system. The 360 is no doubt a fine system. I don't own one, but I had an xbox in my household so I know what it can offer. I also believe there's always exclusives worth buying for every system. I've never owned a system I'm wasn't happy with so a 360 would suit me - if I already had one. As money, time, and convenience talks however, I have none for the 360 unfortunately. What it offers is not enough to add to my PS3/Wii/PC combination and part of that reasoning would be the amount of its exclusives that interest me, or lack of would be a better term.
#99Mutant1988Posted 11/17/2012 8:09:25 AM
I thing both systems have worthwhile exclusives.

But!

Xbox 360 has Earth Defence Force 2017.

Then again, PS3 has Valkyria Chronicles...

Okay. I really can't decide. ;P
---
Know that if you allow someone to take advantage of you, they might make it a habit.
#100SoulGrasperPosted 11/17/2012 9:33:28 AM
no. If I did, I wouldn't have picked ps3 (plus free online is awesome).

Halo
Alan Wake
Fez

That's all that seems interesting to me.

For the ps3:

Heavy Rain
Metal Gear Solid 4
Valkyrie Chronicles
PS1/PS2 classics

I feel Sony is more open to experimental games.