This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So like, ni no kuni came out in japan.

#11AlltraPosted 11/16/2012 11:14:39 PM
Wow....

I agree, but...wow...

They really aren't the same types of game play, but for what it is, Ni No Kuni's battle system is a welcome improvement as far as I'm concerned.
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#12Kingmichael1337Posted 11/16/2012 11:20:00 PM
mgs4fan540 posted...
The story and characters are likeable, but the gameplay......its not really that great.

ahahahaha

the jrpg fans were getting so pumped for this game; at last, they thought, there would finally be a decent current gen jrpg with slick hd graphics and etc. turns out it sucks.

wrpgs always win, baby. wrpgs always win.
---
"i was thinking about getting the game but i was jw if the online multiplayer community is lgbt friendly" - post that got me b& for 7 days LOL
#13DantechanPosted 11/16/2012 11:22:29 PM
Kingmichael1337 posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
The story and characters are likeable, but the gameplay......its not really that great.

ahahahaha

the jrpg fans were getting so pumped for this game; at last, they thought, there would finally be a decent current gen jrpg with slick hd graphics and etc. turns out it sucks.

WRPG fanboy detected.
#14mgs4fan540(Topic Creator)Posted 11/16/2012 11:23:53 PM
mgs4fan540 posted...

ahahahaha

WRPG's are terrible. Boring, repetitive gameplay. Not fun. Terrible stories.
---
------
Re6 is pretty damn awesome yo, what up with all the hate? Same goes for DmC
#15HakaiVeilPosted 11/16/2012 11:23:56 PM
The opinions of two people that everyone has labeled as worthless don't mean a thing.

TC is already fail for thinking NNK will own up to a Tales game. That is sheer BS on a level I've never seen on this site yet.

NNK's combat, as far as I remember from Epic's vids, is as follows -

Strategic Pokemon Done Right is apt for a quick description.

You can control Ollie, or his little creature allies that you find throughout the game.

Ollie can cast spells, attack, use items, etc. He isn't durable though.

Or, at the cost of mana, you can summon an ally. You then control the ally. These are more durable and how you accomplish things better in the fight if you chose right. The game follows the balancing idea of RPS basically. Your ally might work wonders on Enemy A but not on Enemy B.

You need to manage yourself a LOT. You can pick up mana and HP during the fight, and running low on mana basically leaves you SoL as Ollie who can't do a lot of anything.
#16DantechanPosted 11/16/2012 11:28:59 PM
mgs4fan540 posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...

ahahahaha

WRPG's are terrible. Boring, repetitive gameplay. Not fun. Terrible stories.

......god damn it this topic is gonna turn into a WPRG/JRPG war now.
#17ChaingunmasterPosted 11/16/2012 11:30:12 PM
doraemonllh1989 posted...
A person with a brain would know the game is just meh anyway

So everyone that disagrees with you is stupid? Ok, opinion invalidated.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88
#18AlltraPosted 11/16/2012 11:30:45 PM
I certainly hope not.

...but it probably will...
---
Math problems are the ultimate trick question. No matter how straight forward and simple they seem, the answer is never what you think it is.
#19TyrantLowKeyPosted 11/17/2012 12:07:43 AM
Wow wtf. I remember I used to do this compare action games to Turn-based until I realize you can like BOTH. They both are great in their own way. I can't wait till NNK comes out since to me it looks fun (Of course I loved LO on 360 and Arc Rise Fantasia on the Wii), but I also love graces F (enough to almost sink 500 hours on it already). So let's stop comparing apples to oranges.

Having said that, as much fun as the battle system on NNK looks, I won't know how enjoyable it is to me until I play it and I can't do that until it's released OR take anyone else's word for it.
---
All time favs: FFX Int., FFXIII, Shadow Hearts Series, SMT: Nocturne, SMT DS OC (3DS), ToGF, TotA, FFT, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, ARF (Wii), LO (360), TO (PSP)
#20HorrorSindicatePosted 11/17/2012 12:16:12 AM(edited)
From what I read the game is more Strategic than Visceral... Which is fine since when I want visceral action I go all out and play a Plat game.

From the sounds of it you were expecting a different kind of game than what the Devs strived for

Fission Mailed.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder