This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So like, ni no kuni came out in japan.

#121majin nemesisPosted 11/19/2012 10:34:28 AM
Romangelo posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_rDjT8-YN8

BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

for you
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#122superlativeformPosted 11/19/2012 10:35:52 AM
I'm going to buy it day 1
---
Who can we pray to? There are only demons and fiends here.
PSN: Contra_Croix
#123TiaelPosted 11/19/2012 10:37:49 AM
hijokaiden posted...
Tiael posted...
hijokaiden posted...
Tiael posted...
And Level 5 really had no say in DQVIII, they were hired to develop it by Armor Project as they are a small team.

Ok, I am not a fan of DQ or anything so I didn't know the small details.

From ChunSoft (DQ I-IV NES, DQV SNES, DQI/II SNES) to ArtePiazza (DS remakes, DQVII 3DS, DQV PS2) to Heartbeat (DQVII PS1, DQIII SNES remake, DQIV PS remake) to Level 5 (DQVIII and DQIX), DQ is developed by another developer brought in.

DQX was developed internally by SE, presumably because they know the MMO infrastructure, but Armor Project is Hori's studio behind the scenes for each release regarding everything except programming/development.

ArtePiazza also made that Wii game about a kid who kill monsters with a bublegum ball that's floating above his head.

Opoona.

And they made a Harvest Moon spin-off, point being?
Even SE has made the Crystal Chronicle series, Chocobo's Racing and other "kiddy" games using your definition.

I've got to ask though, why such rampant hate for Level 5?
Dragon Quest VIII isn't really kiddy (though they only handled development), considering all the heirs dying and other characters, possession, and the overall theme of the story, including the curse that hit Trodain Castle.

Rogue Galaxy is more space opera, and not necessarily kiddy.
Dark Cloud 2 has a crapload to do and it's far more complex than actual games for kids.
WKC, not sure how that constitutes as kiddy as opposed to more a game designed for Japan.

Or are you basing it all on appearance?
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#124pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/19/2012 10:38:31 AM
From: majin nemesis | Posted: 11/19/2012 10:34:28 AM | #121
Romangelo posted...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_rDjT8-YN8

BOOOOOOOOOOOOORING!

for you
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage

You have to feel for Edge there if you were in his shoes what would you have done, give the tech to try to help or not, even though that part was in an alternate universe.

He makes a major mistake thats a no no any common sense hero would know that you don't give advance tech to a less advance society because they won't know how to use it correctly..
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#125pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/19/2012 10:39:48 AM
hijokaiden posted...
Tiael posted...
hijokaiden posted...
Tiael posted...
And Level 5 really had no say in DQVIII, they were hired to develop it by Armor Project as they are a small team.

Ok, I am not a fan of DQ or anything so I didn't know the small details.

From ChunSoft (DQ I-IV NES, DQV SNES, DQI/II SNES) to ArtePiazza (DS remakes, DQVII 3DS, DQV PS2) to Heartbeat (DQVII PS1, DQIII SNES remake, DQIV PS remake) to Level 5 (DQVIII and DQIX), DQ is developed by another developer brought in.

DQX was developed internally by SE, presumably because they know the MMO infrastructure, but Armor Project is Hori's studio behind the scenes for each release regarding everything except programming/development.

ArtePiazza also made that Wii game about a kid who kill monsters with a bublegum ball that's floating above his head.

Opoona.

And they made a Harvest Moon spin-off, point being?
Even SE has made the Crystal Chronicle series, Chocobo's Racing and other "kiddy" games using your definition.

I've got to ask though, why such rampant hate for Level 5?
Dragon Quest VIII isn't really kiddy (though they only handled development), considering all the heirs dying and other characters, possession, and the overall theme of the story, including the curse that hit Trodain Castle.

Rogue Galaxy is more space opera, and not necessarily kiddy.
Dark Cloud 2 has a crapload to do and it's far more complex than actual games for kids.
WKC, not sure how that constitutes as kiddy as opposed to more a game designed for Japan.

Or are you basing it all on appearance?
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!

Most likely on appearance. Which the old saying goes don't judge a book by its cover.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#126PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 11/19/2012 10:51:25 AM
I used to be really into JRPGs in the 90's and early 2000's. I thought their stories were ART. I mean, like lifechanging stories everyone should experience.

But then I grew up and started reading more and realized I only liked the stories because I was a child with a childs experience in story telling. At this moment in time I am convinced that NO video game story compares to a good novel.

Now I hate most of them with a passion unless the gameplay is something special, which in most cases it is not.

IDK if it's nostalgia for old games, but now whenever I play a n old JRPG (even one I've never played) I am infinitely more impressed with it than I am new ones. JRPGs nowadays have gotten worse and more gratuitous in the their japanese-ness IMO.

If I were to buy Ni no Kuni it would be for theart style and not much more though. Love Ghibli.

And IMO WRPGs aren't that much better. The stories are more adult oriented, but not always good. I just like them because they're more mature and guaranteed not to have any pink haired lolis with annoying voice actresses calling me "big brother" or any of that J creepiness. Not because they're necessarily better. They just tend not to make me want to vomit like your average JRPG.

Anyway, my two cents.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#127peter_888Posted 11/19/2012 11:08:17 AM
hijokaiden posted...
Tiael posted...
Again, goes to show how much you actually know about the things you constantly bash or berate, which is yet another reason I shouldn't take you seriously.

Last Hope is utter rot, that's not just my opinion it's the general consensus, but yeah some people like you did like it.

in terms of story and character yeah
but the gameplay is actually pretty good.
---
I'm a gamer dang it, not a pc gamer or a console gamer, just a gamer.
#128NCPwnPosted 11/19/2012 11:31:04 AM
mgs4fan540 posted...
warrenmats posted...
Didn't that game come out this week in japan?

what's so bad about the gameplay?

Its boring, its just not as fun as tales of graces f or xillia 1 and 2. Hell even Nier is more fun that this game.

O_o
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Rainbow Moon, Valkyria Chronicles, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#129HakaiVeilPosted 11/19/2012 11:32:16 AM
NCPwn posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
warrenmats posted...
Didn't that game come out this week in japan?

what's so bad about the gameplay?

Its boring, its just not as fun as tales of graces f or xillia 1 and 2. Hell even Nier is more fun that this game.

O_o

It is what happens when fools try comparing vastly different subgenres.
#130SpoonSportsPosted 11/19/2012 12:06:17 PM
Tried the demo out a while back, it was promising, I'm sure they will release a demo and by then you can try it out yourself and see if it something you would be interested in buying. I already put in my Wizard Edition order a while back. Can't wait for it next year.
---
Calvin and Hobbes - Greatest comic I ever read!
JRSC 1988 Honda CRX ZC Tuned & Built by: HybridWerks