This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So like, ni no kuni came out in japan.

#131notSFFPosted 11/19/2012 12:25:50 PM
If you honestly thought DQ8 and Dark Cloud 2 were kids games, you obviously didn't pay attention to the story, characters, dialogue etc.
#132hijokaidenPosted 11/19/2012 5:37:48 PM
Tiael posted...
hijokaiden posted...
Tiael posted...
hijokaiden posted...
Tiael posted...
And Level 5 really had no say in DQVIII, they were hired to develop it by Armor Project as they are a small team.

Ok, I am not a fan of DQ or anything so I didn't know the small details.

From ChunSoft (DQ I-IV NES, DQV SNES, DQI/II SNES) to ArtePiazza (DS remakes, DQVII 3DS, DQV PS2) to Heartbeat (DQVII PS1, DQIII SNES remake, DQIV PS remake) to Level 5 (DQVIII and DQIX), DQ is developed by another developer brought in.

DQX was developed internally by SE, presumably because they know the MMO infrastructure, but Armor Project is Hori's studio behind the scenes for each release regarding everything except programming/development.

ArtePiazza also made that Wii game about a kid who kill monsters with a bublegum ball that's floating above his head.

Opoona.

And they made a Harvest Moon spin-off, point being?
Even SE has made the Crystal Chronicle series, Chocobo's Racing and other "kiddy" games using your definition.

I've got to ask though, why such rampant hate for Level 5?
Dragon Quest VIII isn't really kiddy (though they only handled development), considering all the heirs dying and other characters, possession, and the overall theme of the story, including the curse that hit Trodain Castle.

Rogue Galaxy is more space opera, and not necessarily kiddy.
Dark Cloud 2 has a crapload to do and it's far more complex than actual games for kids.
WKC, not sure how that constitutes as kiddy as opposed to more a game designed for Japan.

Or are you basing it all on appearance?

Never played Dark Cloud 2 nor Rogue Galaxy, I played their other games though.

As for Chocobo's Dungeon on Wii and Crystal Chronicles, you are right those games are childish, Crystal Chronicles had no story whatsoever and it was boring, Chocobo's Dungeon I bought it for cheap from Play-Asia but never even opened it after glancing at the front cover that made it obvious it was a kid's game.

Level 5 only made atrocious crap games and I don't like developpers that make you lose your time and money, I can forgive Tri-Ace for making The Last Hope, because they also made Valkyrie Profile, Valkyrie Profile 2 and Resonance of Fate, while Level 5 isn't going to redeem themselves obviously.

White Knigt Chronicles, I know japanese gamers lack maturity hence why there is so many menchildren games aimed at their gaming demographic of overgrown children, but come on this is not all about japanese gamers immaturity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8fwgNON7ZI
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#133majin nemesisPosted 11/19/2012 5:47:09 PM
hijokaiden posted...
Level 5 only made atrocious crap games and I don't like developpers that make you lose your time and money,

lol no and Dragon quest 8 proves you're wrong
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#134HorrorSindicatePosted 11/19/2012 5:47:55 PM
squalledd posted...
warrenmats posted...
The game is actually not that bad. The gameplay was decent(imo), but the story and the characters were good.

But why does the main character sound like a girl? lol.

In Japanese, it is very common to use girl voice to do voice cast of young boy..
That's part of the culture.. That's Japanese animation and games.. :)

A woman does the voice of the kids in The Boondocks... Bout as M rated a cartoon as you can get.
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#135HakaiVeilPosted 11/19/2012 5:50:00 PM
You can be angry that a woman is voicing young boys in Japanese cartoons, and American cartoons as well (Bobby Hill is not done by a male), but I'd take those voices over the FAIL voices that most kids usually end up with.

Either they sound far too old or far too young.
---
Gamefaqs - Where immaturity makes you more important than anyone else.
#136majin nemesisPosted 11/19/2012 6:09:54 PM(edited)
HakaiVeil posted...
You can be angry that a woman is voicing young boys in Japanese cartoons, and American cartoons as well (Bobby Hill is not done by a male), but I'd take those voices over the FAIL voices that most kids usually end up with.

Either they sound far too old or far too young.

here's another example:

Bart Simpson is voiced by a woman
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
#137hijokaidenPosted 11/19/2012 6:40:04 PM
majin nemesis posted...
hijokaiden posted...
Level 5 only made atrocious crap games and I don't like developpers that make you lose your time and money,

Dragon Quest games only sell because they are dragon quest games, not because they are actually good. Outiside of Japan this fad doesn't have much hold though, rather outside of Japan Dragon Quest would sell outside of Japan because of the known fact among japanophile that in Japan the serie has a cult tradition to buy Dragon Quests, hence why it is kind of a niche and doesn't do too good in the west compared to how it does in Japan.

Dragon Quest in Japan = Sells because it is a "tradition"

Dragon Quest in everywhere else = Sells among japanophiles who heard that it sells well in Japan.
---
Well at Gamestop you can get a rubber ducky, a water gun, or a pirate sleeve Wii bundle.
#138TiaelPosted 11/19/2012 6:42:47 PM(edited)
hijokaiden posted...
majin nemesis posted...
hijokaiden posted...

Dragon Quest games only sell because they are dragon quest games, not because they are actually good. Outiside of Japan this fad doesn't have much hold though, rather outside of Japan Dragon Quest would sell outside of Japan because of the known fact among japanophile that in Japan the serie has a cult tradition to buy Dragon Quests, hence why it is kind of a niche and doesn't do too good in the west compared to how it does in Japan.

Dragon Quest in everywhere else = Sells among japanophiles who heard that it sells well in Japan.

Or people who actually enjoy the series, considering I've been enjoying them since Dragon Warrior on the NES and they are far and away my favorite JRPG series.
And yes, they're good.
---
Ni no Kuni - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUPIPBDA-I
Dragon Quest > Tales of > Final Fantasy, but I enjoy all three. Da Bears!
#139orpheus_telos84Posted 11/19/2012 6:44:06 PM
So many plebs in this thread.
---
Double Cheese Deluxe, in a penguin tux.
:::...PSN and Steam: extintion84...:::
#140majin nemesisPosted 11/19/2012 6:49:51 PM
hijokaiden posted...
majin nemesis posted...
hijokaiden posted...

they sell well because they are actually good and in my case i bought Dragon Quest 8 not because it sell well in japan but because it seem like a good game to me and i was right it's one of the best RPGs i played
---