This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 Rumors possible price tag (link inside)

#11chiefofsb78Posted 11/17/2012 12:18:38 PM
shawnmck posted...
If the PS4 launches @ $500 to $600 again, then Sony might as well just give up on making consoles, as they will start out in last place again.

last place i dont think so xbox had almost a 2 year headstart and the PS3 still out sold the xbox
#12Shadow2790xPosted 11/17/2012 12:23:28 PM
The PlayStation 4 won't be backwards compatible with PlayStation 3 games

I know it's only a rumor, but damn.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
#13shawnmckPosted 11/17/2012 12:25:12 PM
chiefofsb78 posted...
shawnmck posted...
If the PS4 launches @ $500 to $600 again, then Sony might as well just give up on making consoles, as they will start out in last place again.

last place i dont think so xbox had almost a 2 year headstart and the PS3 still out sold the xbox

^ The XB 360 had 1 year head start (not 2)....and the PS3 barely caught up with the XB 360 this year.
And the PS3 didn't even start to see a jump in sales until the price went down to $400...and then again at $300.

And the PS3 still hasn't even come close to what the PS2 or PS1 sold.

You are living in la-la land.
#14Lelouch71Posted 11/17/2012 12:26:05 PM
For Sony's sake I hope that is a rumor. If not then they better start thinking of an exit strategy because Nintendo and MS will be getting all the attention.
---
"When you come at the king you best not miss"
#15xOmniCloudxPosted 11/17/2012 12:26:18 PM
Universquall posted...
carlosmuniz20 posted...
and we know what happened last time they priced a console that high.

We do. They went on to have the fastest selling HD console of all time.

While losing billions in the process before it meant something good for them financially. It's about money you actually make which is pointless if you sell at major losses for a long time before becoming profitable and it only seemingly cancelling out.
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#16JahkeemyorkPosted 11/17/2012 12:27:40 PM
"Not backwards with PS3 games"

What does this mean Sony is creating yet ANOTHER new disc based format? I understand that Blu-ray took off, but are we really ready for a new CD format? I guess so, also THIS is why I'm happy I started going digital with the PS3 recently.

However if this also means digital PS3 games then...sony super goofed up because that means we're getting a different PS Store.
#17xOmniCloudxPosted 11/17/2012 12:28:28 PM
shawnmck posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...
shawnmck posted...

^ The XB 360 had 1 year head start (not 2)....and the PS3 barely caught up with the XB 360 this year.
And the PS3 didn't even start to see a jump in sales until the price went down to $400...and then again at $300.

Interesting. You quoted the post and still missed the part where he said ALMOST 2 years (since it had approximately 1.5 year head start)....
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#18OtakuGameraPosted 11/17/2012 12:29:24 PM
its almost annoying.. i want to pay 6 to 700 dollars for a new console, so that it can last a few years longer and be a huge improvement, but i know next gen sony cant afford that

same here, i dont mind paying premium to get premium, but for sony's sake i really hope that it is 300-400$
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#19EoinPosted 11/17/2012 12:29:39 PM
Just so you all know, although there is very little reason to have faith in this rumour, if it is true, a price tag of 400 means a US price tag of US$400. A price tag of 500 means a US price tag of US$500. Regional pricing means converting the currency (as the article does) is pointless and misleading.
#20SophisticationPosted 11/17/2012 12:47:09 PM
shawnmck posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...
shawnmck posted...

Sorry pal, you be wrong yo... ps3 didn't launch world wide like xbox 360 did. It hit europe way after america and japan. Xbox was on the market for a full year and a half almost before ps3 was available in all regions. Feal the burn of sophistication
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them