This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 Rumors possible price tag (link inside)

#21shawnmckPosted 11/17/2012 11:54:21 AM
Sophistication posted...
shawnmck posted...
chiefofsb78 posted...
shawnmck posted...
If the PS4 launches @ $500 to $600 again, then Sony might as well just give up on making consoles, as they will start out in last place again.

last place i dont think so xbox had almost a 2 year headstart and the PS3 still out sold the xbox

^ The XB 360 had 1 year head start (not 2)....and the PS3 barely caught up with the XB 360 this year.
And the PS3 didn't even start to see a jump in sales until the price went down to $400...and then again at $300.

And the PS3 still hasn't even come close to what the PS2 or PS1 sold.

You are living in la-la land.

Sorry pal, you be wrong yo... ps3 didn't launch world wide like xbox 360 did. It hit europe way after america and japan. Xbox was on the market for a full year and a half almost before ps3 was available in all regions. Feal the burn of sophistication

^ And the XB 360 never stood a chance in Japan....so the XB 360 really isn't hitting World-Wide markets & receiving word-wide penetration, which put it at a disadvantage.
Plus, the XB 360 has always been the underdog, given the poor performance of the original X-Box
So the XB360 is a success no matter how you try to slice it.
#22GM_Posted 11/17/2012 11:55:45 AM
Price is too high. I'd rather just upgrade my GPU and buy games on Steam for that price. I'd still have more games and they'll still run better.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#23Zack_Attackv1Posted 11/17/2012 11:57:20 AM
I'll look forward to spending money and helping our great nation's economy, unlike the greedy 99%.
---
|L|A|y|l|A|
My anti-drug
#24SophisticationPosted 11/17/2012 12:05:07 PM
GM_ posted...
Price is too high. I'd rather just upgrade my GPU and buy games on Steam for that price. I'd still have more games and they'll still run better.

Then do that... you wanna sit 5inches away from your monitor, fumbling around on a keyboard by all means do it. Console gaming is a sophisticated hobby for sophisticated people who have a sophisticated take for sophisticated priced things.
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them
#25BaneDragonPosted 11/17/2012 12:07:04 PM
You are %1 of the %99 of %0.
---
You might call us yanks, but just remember, if it wasnt for us, you might be living in Germany right now...or not living at all.
#26GM_Posted 11/17/2012 12:10:42 PM
Quote:GM_ posted...

Then do that... you wanna sit 5inches away from your monitor, fumbling around on a keyboard by all means do it. Console gaming is a sophisticated hobby for sophisticated people who have a sophisticated take for sophisticated priced things.

@Sophistication

I Lol'd at your fail
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#27kuterPosted 11/17/2012 12:13:45 PM
When you think back, 600$ wasn't so bad, you had a console that could play games and play bluray disc (back then it was like...300-400$?)
#28osboesPosted 11/17/2012 12:15:47 PM
I wouldn't mind paying a high price if they actually made it completely backwards compatible. It isn't though, if this article is to be believed. That's lost them one customer if true. Heck that much money, but no 4K resolution for games? What is the price actually going to offer for it then?
#29gtaking5Posted 11/17/2012 12:17:55 PM(edited)
It doesn't take a genius to realize Sony don't care about currency exchange rates. Take a look at the Vita. Launching at 299 in NA and 299 in Europe. 299 Euros is a hell of a lot more expensive than 299 dollars. If the PS4 launches at 400 euros, it'll probably launch at 400 dollars.

Also don't believe everything on the internet. That's how WWI started.
---
Are you out there? are you listening?
Is there something we're still missing?
#30TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/17/2012 12:19:38 PM
Europe pays more for things, so even doing a currency exchange doesn't give us the right US price. It would probably be $450 at the most given how much the Euro one is... We've had a ton of rumors over the past year or two, but the closer to launch things get, the more accurate the rumors should be, especially given Sony's reputation for having the PS3 hardware revisions leak.

If the system focuses on Move controls, I would actually not want it. I liked some of the software the Wii offered, but I hated the controls so much that I could not enjoy myself. I simply do not want that to be a focus of the software. If it is, I will angrily switch to whomever doesn't do that. If they all do, well, I guess I'll just get a new gaming PC.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo