This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 Rumors possible price tag (link inside)

#31JaghavePosted 11/17/2012 12:51:28 PM
can't trust the website
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 580 | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.speedtest.net/result/1929079292.png
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=jaghave
#32EvilmonsterPosted 11/17/2012 12:53:59 PM
at least it'll look new gen, graphics will destroy anything last gen (wii u) will have to offer
---
I love me some Dallas girls!
#33anonymous46773Posted 11/17/2012 12:57:57 PM
piazzapimper313 posted...
its almost annoying.. i want to pay 6 to 700 dollars for a new console, so that it can last a few years longer and be a huge improvement, but i know next gen sony cant afford that

You want to be stuck in next gen even longer than this gen? This gen's been going on for far too long as it is.
---
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
#34GreenMage7Posted 11/17/2012 1:26:32 PM
Why does it matter if the PS3 is barely ahead of the 360 in system sales? Sony is absolutely crushed in software sales (it's not even close) and isn't getting $60 a year from a huge segment of it's user base for online (which Microsoft is). Microsoft has made a ton of money from it's gaming division during the 360's life cycle, while Sony is bleeding. It's pretty clear who won this console generation, and it's not really close. So if you want to look at a number that doesn't tell the whole story (or even close to an accurate one) and claim victory, then feel free.
#35GenoPosted 11/17/2012 1:28:29 PM
The funny part is that I can build my own computer from scratch with the same budget I'd spend on a PS4 and my computer would blow the PS4 out of the water. When're you guys gonna get tired of spending $600 for obsolete technology that doesn't cost them more than $100 to produce, and of which the prices continually decrease over time?

I paid $150 for a PS3 back in January and I still feel like I got robbed.
---
3DS: 2363 - 5923 - 1853
#36ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/17/2012 1:30:53 PM
Geno posted...
When're you guys gonna get tired of spending $600 for obsolete technology that doesn't cost them more than $100 to produce, and of which the prices continually decrease over time?

As long as the best games stay console exclusives, I will buy consoles.
#37GreenMage7Posted 11/17/2012 1:34:17 PM
Geno posted...
The funny part is that I can build my own computer from scratch with the same budget I'd spend on a PS4 and my computer would blow the PS4 out of the water. When're you guys gonna get tired of spending $600 for obsolete technology that doesn't cost them more than $100 to produce, and of which the prices continually decrease over time?

Well, allow me to explain this. A $500 PC made in 2006 would not run anything being currently released and would be garbage. A $500 PS3 purchased in 2006 would still be able to play every game being released right now, be a functional blu ray player, and have the added bonus of giving you the ability to rent games and buy games used. As well as trade in old games that you do not want to play anymore and not have them collect dust on your hard drive.

It seems like you don't understand the value of money to me.
#38TomoEK9Posted 11/17/2012 1:37:14 PM
Geno posted...

Do you enjoy playing MGS4, Little Big Planet, Uncharted and Gran Turismo on your PC? Mine has a little trouble doing so.

Points like this are absolutely asinine and pointless. Regardless of your PC's specs, you aren't playing games that are marketed towards consoles and for the most part, PC releases are after-thoughts for most companies.

Console releases prove to be more profitable and easier to work with so PS4, Xbox720 and Wii U will always be more preferred for game devs than any PC, no matter how powerful it is.
#39PHOENIXZEROPosted 11/17/2012 1:40:15 PM
FFS people, you can't do a currency conversion with pricing such as this. We've been over this a million times over the years.

Console will be $400, this has fallen under "no s*** Sherlock" territory for ages now.
---
Search engines are awesome, you can find the answer to the question that's been asked a hundred times before in a manner of seconds, more people should try it.
#40LittleBraverPosted 11/17/2012 1:40:32 PM
shawnmck posted...
If the PS4 launches @ $500 to $600 again, then Sony might as well just give up on making consoles, as they will start out in last place again.

As much as I love Sony if indeed that is true then I will have to agreed.