This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS4 Rumors possible price tag (link inside)

#61RagnoraokPosted 11/17/2012 4:52:07 PM
GreenMage7 posted...
Why does it matter if the PS3 is barely ahead of the 360 in system sales? Sony is absolutely crushed in software sales (it's not even close) and isn't getting $60 a year from a huge segment of it's user base for online (which Microsoft is). Microsoft has made a ton of money from it's gaming division during the 360's life cycle, while Sony is bleeding. It's pretty clear who won this console generation, and it's not really close. So if you want to look at a number that doesn't tell the whole story (or even close to an accurate one) and claim victory, then feel free.

I agree. When ppl have the idiotic Ps3 vs 360 wars, I always laugh because it is obvious the 360 won. The ps3 offers nothing compared to the 360, and the ps3 exclusives are very niche, while the 360 exclusives are insanely popular and readily available to all gamers. MS came into this gen and really revolutionized the ONLY thing that stands out with this generation--online capabilities. The Ps3 did nothing but follow 360 and the WII. A better competition would be MS vs. Nintendo, because Sony refuses to innovate or take risks. I own a ps1, ps2, psp, and a ps3, and I can tell you that Sony is content with staying the same.
---
PSN: RichYungThaBest
"What's the point" "There is no point" "Ahh, That's the point"
#62Benny-26Posted 11/17/2012 5:10:37 PM
Not backwards compatible with PS3 games = No Sale.

Or at least No Sale until a MAJOR games title comes out for it.
#63BrandedKiLLaPosted 11/17/2012 5:11:39 PM
I think ps4 will be lame im stickin with ps3
---
Vita is gewd, people just have no faith, no taste in games
PSN:mrb7032
#64pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/17/2012 5:21:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#65SophisticationPosted 11/17/2012 5:20:00 PM
I don't care in the least about physical media... if ps4 won't play them, who cares? I do, however, care about my psn content. I've invested heavily in digitalcontent and they better pull some rabbit outta their asses to enable our psn accounts and it's content to be playable on ps4.
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them
#66pokemon_45_79_1Posted 11/17/2012 5:24:15 PM
From: Sophistication | Posted: 11/17/2012 5:20:00 PM | #065
I don't care in the least about physical media... if ps4 won't play them, who cares? I do, however, care about my psn content. I've invested heavily in digitalcontent and they better pull some rabbit outta their asses to enable our psn accounts and it's content to be playable on ps4.
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them

I do see psn accounts being transferred over to ps4, not doing so would be stupid, makes no sense not to, most likely easy to do, ps1 backward compatibility will be in it, now ps2 and ps3 unknown at this time.
---
Ryoma / Sora / Naruto / Luffy / Ginta
Young heroes between the ages of 12-17 make RPG and other video games better then older heroes 18-21 and over.
#67ScreamingMidgetPosted 11/18/2012 9:13:45 AM
Ragnoraok posted...
GreenMage7 posted...
Why does it matter if the PS3 is barely ahead of the 360 in system sales? Sony is absolutely crushed in software sales (it's not even close) and isn't getting $60 a year from a huge segment of it's user base for online (which Microsoft is). Microsoft has made a ton of money from it's gaming division during the 360's life cycle, while Sony is bleeding. It's pretty clear who won this console generation, and it's not really close. So if you want to look at a number that doesn't tell the whole story (or even close to an accurate one) and claim victory, then feel free.

I agree. When ppl have the idiotic Ps3 vs 360 wars, I always laugh because it is obvious the 360 won. The ps3 offers nothing compared to the 360

Ignorance is bliss
#68hockeybub89Posted 11/18/2012 9:27:21 AM
The amount of feces I would give about the PS3 not having backwards compatibility is so small that you would need a scanning electron microscope to even attempt to see it. I rank it down near the color of the console on importance. It is equivalent of not buying a stereo because it lacks a cassette player. Yes, 10 people might care enough to do that, but most don't.
---
http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/NIR_Hockey.png
http://www.last.fm/user/hockeybub89/ Bears Beets Battlestar Galactica
#69albanianx1Posted 11/18/2012 9:32:04 AM
Another terrible mistake if true. They need to release the console at 450$ and then drop it to 399$ the Christmas after. They were absolutely killed this generation when they sold their console for 600$.
---
Bayern Munich is the strongest club in the world
PSN: eaglespirit
#70shawnmckPosted 11/18/2012 9:34:59 AM
I couldn't care less about backwards compatibility (BC) either.
If I want to play PS3 games, then I simply pull out my PS3.
It would probably run those games better than any emulation card anyway.
And by the time the PS4 comes out, the PS3 will be cheap.

My biggest concern is with physical medium vs digital download....
If I can't by a game on a disc but am forced to down-load all my games, then you can count me out.
I have nothing wrong with DD as an option, but likewise give me the option to buy a physical disc. I simply prefer to have a physical game.

The used game market is another concern, albeit not as big....
I hardly buy used, but I do trade in the games that I don't like in order to be able to afford new games.
So if the PS4 blocks out used games then it would literally mean that I will be buying fewer games.