This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why Japan suck this generation?

#1AnthonM2Posted 11/17/2012 12:46:55 PM
Most of the games i own now are western, especially racing games, games like Split/Second and MotorStorm: Apocalypse are better than any Japanese racing game, what happened to Japan this generation?
#2HakaiVeilPosted 11/17/2012 12:47:55 PM
Called Gaming Trends.

And generally being a bad gamer.
#3UniversquallPosted 11/17/2012 12:47:56 PM
Do you mean the Japan that makes the biggest racing games in the world this gen?
---
After the Fallout
#4majin nemesisPosted 11/17/2012 12:51:43 PM
AnthonM2 posted...
Most of the games i own now are western, especially racing games, games like Split/Second and MotorStorm: Apocalypse are better than any Japanese racing game, what happened to Japan this generation?

nothing happen also Gran Turismo 5>>>MotorStorm
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#5Vs1991Posted 11/17/2012 12:54:05 PM
Japan is fine. It's just that FPS became big this gen and Japan isn't good at making FPS. Japan is still better in every other genre cept for RTS
#6TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/17/2012 12:54:25 PM
I wouldn't say Japanese games suck this generation, but they have clearly been surpassed by the West for the first time. I think the problem is more financial than anything. As gaming becomes mainstream, it's just another cog in the entertainment industry. Compare movie budgets in the US to ones in Japan. There is a massive gap. With movies, it's not as big a deal though, because a good writer/director can get a lot of mileage out of his/her resources. The same can not be said for console video games. A lower budget either means the game is lacking content or poorly made (comparatively), unless it's for iOS and costs $1.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#7HakaiVeilPosted 11/17/2012 12:55:42 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
I wouldn't say Japanese games suck this generation, but they have clearly been surpassed by the West for the first time. I think the problem is more financial than anything. As gaming becomes mainstream, it's just another cog in the entertainment industry. Compare movie budgets in the US to ones in Japan. There is a massive gap. With movies, it's not as big a deal though, because a good writer/director can get a lot of mileage out of his/her resources. The same can not be said for console video games. A lower budget either means the game is lacking content or poorly made (comparatively), unless it's for iOS and costs $1.

What is sadly comical here is, I've found more things to do in "low budget" titles than I have in the big AAA games.
#8NepentheNeoPosted 11/17/2012 12:57:55 PM
What is with this borderline-racist obsession over hemispheres and nations you people have? Can't you just enjoy games? No, you can't. Because apparently everything is 'dumb' and 'sucks' (yes, that has an 's' in it!) or 'lame'.

It's pathetic. What's next? Why are the blonde lead writers worse than the blue eyed music composers!?
#9RazendeRaggerPosted 11/17/2012 1:05:25 PM
Japan is still better in every other genre cept for RTS

And RPG.
---
Ge zouden eens wat minder vaak over uwen pa heen moeten kruipen - baerdemaecker
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa328/bollehenk/PartyHard.gif
#10Still__RippinPosted 11/17/2012 1:08:14 PM
RazendeRagger posted...
Japan is still better in every other genre cept for RTS

And RPG.

And Action/Adventure
And Sandbox
---
Regardless of how many people call me a troll I always speak the truth.
Currently playing- Magic 2013, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, Black Ops 2, Demons Souls