This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Did Sony make too many KZ3: CE or did no one buy them?

#1MourningReignsPosted 11/17/2012 5:32:26 PM
It's closing in on 2 years of this game being out, and this stupid Helghast Edition can still be seen. Gamestop is still selling them for 40 bucks, did Sony overestimate how many of these things were gonna sell or did no one want the CE?
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#2SophisticationPosted 11/17/2012 5:37:49 PM
It's a paagg, man. What'd you expect?
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them
#3PhaseBlackPosted 11/17/2012 5:38:28 PM
I literally see every CE still available for purchase online or in stores, there are so many this gen that they are always over-produced
---
PSVita & 3DS
#4KodegaPosted 11/17/2012 5:48:30 PM
For some reason I seem to recall KZ3 selling a lot worse than what was expected. Not bad sales mind you, but less than KZ2.
---
Just because you're paranoid, doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
#5MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 5:50:16 PM
Kodega posted...
For some reason I seem to recall KZ3 selling a lot worse than what was expected. Not bad sales mind you, but less than KZ2.

It might have, I don't believe it sold so bad where all of these CEs are sitting everywhere. You can go to the Gamestop website and type in your zip code to see how many are around. All 8 Gamestops around me have them in stock. Not to mention the Best Buys.

I have to feel they overestimated people's interest in a CE.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#6SophisticationPosted 11/17/2012 5:50:20 PM
Kodega posted...

But not really... ww sales have them about neck and neck. Kz2 out pacing it by 200, 000 units or less.
---
Sophistication is buying ALL of your games digitally, but it's more than that. It's a way of life. it's having the best games and telling the world about them
#7UniversquallPosted 11/17/2012 5:52:56 PM
Could be like the Halo 2 LolE
---
After the Fallout
#8MourningReigns(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2012 5:54:32 PM(edited)
Universquall posted...

Yeah, I do remember that big ass box sitting around best buys too.

EDIT: Im thinking of the one with a helmet, it's not that one, is it?
---
#9UniversquallPosted 11/17/2012 5:59:58 PM
MourningReigns posted...
Universquall posted...

Yeah, I do remember that big ass box sitting around best buys too.

EDIT: Im thinking of the one with a helmet, it's not that one, is it?

Nope. In Australia they had 2 in a metal tin as a LE. It never stopped being in stock until they stopped selling new XB games. Halo 3 had the helmet.
---
After the Fallout
#10UniversquallPosted 11/17/2012 6:02:33 PM
This. Turns out it was worldwide. It lies on the cover
http://www.vgmuseum.com/scans/xbox/halo2le001.jpg
---
After the Fallout