This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#11ZEXEPosted 11/17/2012 10:40:39 PM
I feel the Wii-U isn't really a next gen console, the Wii was half a gen and the Wii-U is current gen
---
"well, if there's one thing Ive learned in all my years of internet, it's that people...well people arent smart"-Lost7th
#12killakPosted 11/17/2012 10:41:06 PM
next gen begins...with a console equal to last gen consoles.

Next generation is the next generation, not the super high tech improved over the last.

The WiiU is next gen, and it's arrival is the beginning of it.
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#13tinfoil21Posted 11/17/2012 10:41:31 PM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

This. Nintendo FINALLY got into the HD console race? That's a joke, and I don't care if graphics don't matter. There's something to be said if you are slightly ahead of 7 year old consoles. I don't care how many screens you give me, either.

/complain

The Wii U might end up outselling the other next-gen consoles, just because it's Nintendo.... and that's a fact.

:D

(opinion)
#14CrimsonGear80Posted 11/17/2012 10:42:25 PM
killak posted...

Next generation is the next generation, not the super high tech improved over the last.

The WiiU is next gen, and it's arrival is the beginning of it.

I wish it felt more like it.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#15Thermador446Posted 11/17/2012 10:42:35 PM
wait, what's going on? I haven't noticed anything.
---
"You're telling me that Christ comes back to life every Sunday in the form of a bowl of crackers; and then you proceed to just eat the man, Correct?"
#16ZombiDeadZombiPosted 11/17/2012 10:42:54 PM
ZEXE posted...
I feel the Wii-U isn't really a next gen console, the Wii was half a gen and the Wii-U is current gen

What you feel and what actually is are 2 different things.

Based on the definition of a console generation, The Wii U is next gen.

New technologies, graphics, etc. are not what defines a console generation.
#17killakPosted 11/17/2012 10:44:45 PM

Consider how the current gen looked next to the last gen when they first dropped.

I have no doubt that the WiiU ends up making this gen look pretty bad by comparison, once devs get a hold of the technology.
---
My Cat - http://tinyurl.com/bvqxlwo
#18king_maddenPosted 11/17/2012 10:47:09 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
ZEXE posted...

What you feel and what actually is are 2 different things.

Based on the definition of a console generation, The Wii U is next gen.

New technologies, graphics, etc. are not what defines a console generation.

whats the definition of a console generation?
#19CooperRCPosted 11/17/2012 10:48:03 PM
There is no reason to get angry just because there are reviews coming out for games ported to the Wii U that say they got the quintessential version of the game; the PS4 will be out soon, perhaps as early as next year.
#20king_maddenPosted 11/17/2012 10:48:39 PM
killak posted...

Consider how the current gen looked next to the last gen when they first dropped.

I have no doubt that the WiiU ends up making this gen look pretty bad by comparison, once devs get a hold of the technology.

by the time that actually happens though, the next new things will be coming out for sony and MS. so as people are being amazed by the jump in technology for the ps4 and 720, I doubt many people are going to be saying "hey you know what the wii-u finally is pushing out things much prettier than the old ps3 could."