This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#161Alamyst_Posted 11/18/2012 8:43:40 AM
LOL. Stupid TC.

No. Go read the hardware specs..
---
psn Alamyst
#162cmdrdreddPosted 11/18/2012 8:44:42 AM
Samp98518 posted...
The next generation began with the 3DS on March 27, 2011 for us Americans. But yes, the next generation of consoles does begin with the Wii U today. And it looks like it will be just the Wii U for at least a year.

As was said eariler, handhelds don't count.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#163hailthornPosted 11/18/2012 8:47:14 AM
cmdrdredd posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...
I don't believe "next gen" is about graphics, but about experiencing things you could't do in previous gens.
Sure a strong console can make for a good "next gen" console, but I don't think we should exclude the Wii U just because its graphics won't be all that great in comparison to the other next gen consoles.

Yes we absolutely should because the WiiU is what the Wii should have been but Nintendo is stupid.

Yeah, Nintendo are idiots. Bumbling idiots who somehow produced a console that outsold the PS3 and Xbox 360 and dominated the market. Idiots that Sony decided to copy with the Move. And again with their blatant copy of Super Smash Bros. Nintendo are also the idiots with a handheld outselling the PSV 10:1 I believe it was?

But you're right. Nintendo are idiots. I'm not trying to troll. But c'mon, man. The Wii was based around a concept and affordable tech. 250 versus 500 at launch? Easy choice. Even if the PS3 was technically superior.

Now, I like Sony and Nintendo. But this generation has not been kind to Sony at all. And I'd much prefer they succeed over Microsoft.
---
Be warned: All of my opinions are wrong.
#164cmdrdreddPosted 11/18/2012 8:52:36 AM
hailthorn posted...
cmdrdredd posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...
I don't believe "next gen" is about graphics, but about experiencing things you could't do in previous gens.
Sure a strong console can make for a good "next gen" console, but I don't think we should exclude the Wii U just because its graphics won't be all that great in comparison to the other next gen consoles.

Yes we absolutely should because the WiiU is what the Wii should have been but Nintendo is stupid.

Yeah, Nintendo are idiots. Bumbling idiots who somehow produced a console that outsold the PS3 and Xbox 360 and dominated the market. Idiots that Sony decided to copy with the Move. And again with their blatant copy of Super Smash Bros. Nintendo are also the idiots with a handheld outselling the PSV 10:1 I believe it was?

But you're right. Nintendo are idiots. I'm not trying to troll. But c'mon, man. The Wii was based around a concept and affordable tech. 250 versus 500 at launch? Easy choice. Even if the PS3 was technically superior.

Now, I like Sony and Nintendo. But this generation has not been kind to Sony at all. And I'd much prefer they succeed over Microsoft.

And all those people who bought a Wii because they thought they could cheat their doctors and not go to the gym and instead sit at home playing Wii fit did not buy any software for the Wii other than one single game.

Other than Mario Galaxy and the Zelda games hardly any other title is worth mentioning on the sales chart because it's bundled with the system at one point.

Console sales don't matter if nobody is buying your games.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#165CaanimalPosted 11/18/2012 8:55:27 AM
Nintendo actually participates in the whole "video game gen" thing? That's a laugh and a half... If I remember correctly the CEO (or some other top person for them) has even stated that they aren't even participating w/ the whole "gen war" between Sony and micro&soft....

So, remind me again how the "next gen" has been started by a console that isn't even participating in gaming gens? And I feel enough people have pointed out how the wiiu isn't even up to the power the PS3 and 360 are currently at... Plus, NO HD!?!?!?!?!?! WTF...
#166cmdrdreddPosted 11/18/2012 8:59:24 AM(edited)
Caanimal posted...
Nintendo actually participates in the whole "video game gen" thing? That's a laugh and a half... If I remember correctly the CEO (or some other top person for them) has even stated that they aren't even participating w/ the whole "gen war" between Sony and micro&soft....

So, remind me again how the "next gen" has been started by a console that isn't even participating in gaming gens? And I feel enough people have pointed out how the wiiu isn't even up to the power the PS3 and 360 are currently at... Plus, NO HD!?!?!?!?!?! WTF...

The WIiU does HD but from what I've seen, that's all it is because many games look worse than their counterparts on the PS3 or 360.
---
#167hailthornPosted 11/18/2012 9:00:37 AM(edited)
cmdrdredd posted...
hailthorn posted...
cmdrdredd posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...

And all those people who bought a Wii because they thought they could cheat their doctors and not go to the gym and instead sit at home playing Wii fit did not buy any software for the Wii other than one single game.

Other than Mario Galaxy and the Zelda games hardly any other title is worth mentioning on the sales chart because it's bundled with the system at one point.

Oh really?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Just Dance 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Just Dance
Mario Party 8
Both Zeldas

And I could go on. All of those sold over 2 million copies. And that's just some of the many that sold in the millions. The Wii had plenty of software sales. And console sales do matter. Just go to the Vita board. I think it's ridiculous in there, but as I've said plenty of times today: Money talks.
---
Be warned: All of my opinions are wrong.
#168jjeerryyonly9Posted 11/18/2012 8:59:42 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
next gen begins...with a console equal to last gen consoles.

---
TO MICHAEL!!!
PSN: RadKickAss
#169GunzleaderPosted 11/18/2012 8:59:51 AM
cry me a river its still a good system amd games are stil being made for it. so grow up and stop crying last gen.
---
im not a troll sorry if i offend you in anyway. RIP Everquest Online Adventures 2003-2012
#170cmdrdreddPosted 11/18/2012 9:01:46 AM
hailthorn posted...
cmdrdredd posted...
hailthorn posted...
cmdrdredd posted...
Emperor_mateus posted...

Oh really?

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Just Dance 2
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Just Dance
Mario Party 8
Both Zeldas

And I could go on. All of those sold over 4 million copies. And that's just some of the many that sold in the millions. The Wii had plenty of software sales. And console sales do matter. Just go to the Vita board. I think it's ridiculous in there, but as I've said plenty of times today: Money talks.

The Wii's software sales absolutely sucked compared to the sales on the Xbox and that's my point. You can't deny that. So a few games sold over 4 million...big deal. Try matching launch numbers like Halo 4 with an exclusive then get back to me.
---