This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#171TBiggzPosted 11/18/2012 8:03:46 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
next gen begins...with a console equal to last gen consoles.

That might be true to people who think that graphics are everything.
The Wii U isn't so superficial. It took a hit to performance in order to try something new. The performance is apparently more than enough to tell a wonderful cinematic story. The gamepad is another attempt to improve how many games are played. It will also be successful, just like the Wii. Then Sony can copy Nintendo again.
Best case scenario: Sony copies them early this time and includes a Wii U gamepad knockoff/derivative with every PS4, so it can at least be consistently and properly utilized this time, unlike the Move disaster.
#172cmdrdreddPosted 11/18/2012 8:07:04 AM
TBiggz posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...

The Wii U isn't so superficial. It took a hit to performance in order to try something new. The performance is apparently more than enough to tell a wonderful cinematic story. The gamepad is another attempt to improve how many games are played. It will also be successful, just like the Wii. Then Sony can copy Nintendo again.
Best case scenario: Sony copies them early this time and includes a Wii U gamepad knockoff/derivative with every PS4, so it can at least be consistently and properly utilized this time, unlike the Move disaster.

No, I'd rather not. It'll be filled with crapware again.

The Wiiu will be no different than the Wii except this time Nintendo does not have the casual market to rely on since the system is not cheap anymore. It's more expensive so you have to attract people willing to pay that much to play games. Most casuals are going to stick to their phone.
---
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf
#173WombatishPosted 11/18/2012 8:07:49 AM
Why does it matter?
---
I LIKE HOT MAN CORPSES AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE THAT, **** -Olan
#174TBiggzPosted 11/18/2012 8:10:40 AM
cmdrdredd posted...
TBiggz posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...

No, I'd rather not. It'll be filled with crapware again.

The Wiiu will be no different than the Wii except this time Nintendo does not have the casual market to rely on since the system is not cheap anymore. It's more expensive so you have to attract people willing to pay that much to play games. Most casuals are going to stick to their phone.

Except the Wii wasn't filled with crapware. It had a huge chunk of the highest-rated and most innovative games of the past six years.
Try again
#175methosagainPosted 11/18/2012 8:19:50 AM
Even the most ardent Nintendo has to admit that Nintendo has blown here, and that this might be the worse console release since the Jag.
#176Deimos259Posted 11/18/2012 8:21:46 AM
Caanimal posted...
Nintendo actually participates in the whole "video game gen" thing? That's a laugh and a half... If I remember correctly the CEO (or some other top person for them) has even stated that they aren't even participating w/ the whole "gen war" between Sony and micro&soft....

So, remind me again how the "next gen" has been started by a console that isn't even participating in gaming gens? And I feel enough people have pointed out how the wiiu isn't even up to the power the PS3 and 360 are currently at... Plus, NO HD!?!?!?!?!?! WTF...

Because we don't care what Nintendo thinks.
---
This is serious hee-ho, remember that.
#177tracazoidPosted 11/18/2012 8:23:25 AM(edited)
methosagain posted...
Even the most ardent Nintendo has to admit that Nintendo has blown here, and that this might be the worse console release since the Jag.

I disagree the Virtual Boy came out after the Atari Jaguar, it was just as bad although it did have a decent Wario game and Mario Tennis...all in red.
#178fallenswordsPosted 11/18/2012 8:22:51 AM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
ZEXE posted...
I feel the Wii-U isn't really a next gen console, the Wii was half a gen and the Wii-U is current gen

What you feel and what actually is are 2 different things.

Based on the definition of a console generation, The Wii U is next gen.

New technologies, graphics, etc. are not what defines a console generation.

that depends on who you ask.
---
A Mod/Admin replied on 8/28/2011 10:09:48 AM: http://bit.ly/jJ2ZNS
Katawa Shoujo changed my life. http://katawa-shoujo.com/
#179Mordecai the MadPosted 11/18/2012 8:22:52 AM
PS3 officially is a last gen console

Who cares?
---
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1473965863/sui-generis
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1878147873/hero-u-rogue-to-redemption
#180methosagainPosted 11/18/2012 8:28:33 AM
tracazoid posted...
methosagain posted...

I disagree the Virtual Boy came out after the Atari Jaguar, it was just as bad although it did have a decent Wario game and Mario Tennis...all in red.

True, but I did state console launch and not Migraine Inducer Unit launch.