This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#181rodwipeisdeadPosted 11/18/2012 8:28:55 AM
You are officially a dickhead.
---
What are all these knobs for?
To put their hands in the air.
#182CaanimalPosted 11/18/2012 8:29:05 AM
For those who think Nintendo "invented" using your body movements to control video games and Sony and micro&soft just "copied Nintendo", hate to burst your bubble (not really) but: "Motion sensing

In 1993, the Sega Activator, based on the Light Harp invented by Assaf Gurner,[3] was released for the Mega Drive (Genesis). It could read the player's physical movements and was the first controller to allow full-body motion sensing. However, it was a commercial failure due to its "unwieldiness and inaccuracy"."

Taken from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_controller

So, once again, Nintendo was, and still is playing catch up(apologies for last post, the Wii U FINALLY supports HD, misread an article) and ARE NOT innovating ANYTHING... All Nintendo did was make it "popular" w/ their cut rate(cheap for those who don't understand) Wii.

Really none of this matters, because Nintendo has announce numerous times w/ the Wii that it isn't participating w/ the whole "Gaming Gen" thing and is doing their own thing...
#183EstilPosted 11/18/2012 8:33:35 AM
That should be the EIGHTH generation has begun. Using terms like "last gen" "next gen" and so on is too confusing.
---
"Why a numeric keypad!? This is a video game controller, not a phone!!"
--Angry Video Game Nerd regarding the Intellivision controller
#184tracazoidPosted 11/18/2012 8:35:50 AM(edited)
methosagain posted...
tracazoid posted...
methosagain posted...
Even the most ardent Nintendo has to admit that Nintendo has blown here, and that this might be the worse console release since the Jag.

I disagree the Virtual Boy came out after the Atari Jaguar, it was just as bad although it did have a decent Wario game and Mario Tennis...all in red.

True, but I did state console launch and not Migraine Inducer Unit launch.

lol so true, it is weird calling it a console even though it's counted as one. I always actually considered it a kind of portable system since it's a headset on a stand and all, even though it was annoying and in no way portable due to its size.

That thing needed a strap to go around your head or something like it, yet that wouldn't save anyone from the migraines.
#185ManuKesnaPosted 11/18/2012 8:48:40 AM
http://oi47.tinypic.com/vuh03.jpg

D:
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#186AvidgamerMikoPosted 11/18/2012 8:53:01 AM
Or, the 'current generation' has begun with Nintendo finally joining the party.
#187kloud 11(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 8:54:44 AM
AvidgamerMiko posted...
Or, the 'current generation' has begun with Nintendo finally joining the party.

Derp
#188CyhortI82Posted 11/18/2012 9:07:13 AM
....people still think the Wii U is next gen?
---
TheTygerfire is the love of my life.
I believe in the Straight Edge Savior and the Mizziah I love DLC :)
#189G_PhysalisPosted 11/18/2012 9:10:27 AM
LOL at calling Wii U Next Gen.
---
Thou art I, and I am thou. I have emerged from the sea of your soul.
The Official Orpheus Telos of the Shin Megami Tensei IV Board
#190SoaringDivePosted 11/18/2012 9:10:52 AM
Why the heck is "HD race" a thing? HD is a resolution, not some magical mind blowing concept. Please, if you're going to talk about, well, anything, make sure you have a clue at what anything is.

Anyways, the console has 4 times the RAM as the ps3 and 360, which means Skyrim could actually be playable on the console (unlike PS3 and 360 versions of the game). Bad ports of bad games (ME3 and NG) do not show what the console is capable of - that's like using Sonic '06 to show how the PS3 and 360 suck.
---
PM me if you add me (I won't bite... hard)
3DS: 2148-8150-1379 | Steam:SoaringDive | PSN:SoarDive