This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#221Lerry757Posted 11/18/2012 4:58:29 PM
I know I'm feeding the trolls, but this is for the
people who legitimitly believe(God have mercy on your soul) Wii U =/= 8th gen
:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/generation
---
Party like it's $19.99!
#222UniversquallPosted 11/18/2012 4:59:45 PM
LordOfLegacies posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
next gen begins...with a console equal to last gen consoles.

And barely better than the Game Cube before that..

Not true. Nintendo aren't attempting the PS2 generation a third time.
---
After the Fallout
#223jubjub360Posted 11/18/2012 5:26:40 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
Jesus Christ, it's like talking to a brick wall here.

A generation is NOT defined by date. If that was the case, the Xbox 360 was it's own generation and the PS3 and the WII are it's own because the 360 and the PS3/Wii were released a year apart.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#224keatonisballinPosted 11/18/2012 5:30:25 PM
Sophistication posted...
Next Gen has officially started......................... with inferior ports of last gen games. Games like Mass Effect 3, looking and playing worse on this new state of the art gaming device the locals call "wii-u" And let's not forget, Ninja Gaiden sigma 3! A game made even uglier than it's already ugly counter parts for your wii-u gaming pleasure.

Wii-u... Cos' nobody does next-gen more half assed than Nintendo does!

Haha couldn't have said it better myself. Nintendo will never be next gen when they continue to make consoles with last gen specs. If the wii u had come out the same time as the ps3 and 360, then wed have something to talk about.

Tldr, Nintendo is just now entering current gen.
---
http://tinyurl.com/9xkt9ek
#225ZombiDeadZombiPosted 11/18/2012 5:33:29 PM
jubjub360 posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...

A generation is NOT defined by date. If that was the case, the Xbox 360 was it's own generation and the PS3 and the WII are it's own because the 360 and the PS3/Wii were released a year apart.

Because an entire console cycle is 1 year Amirite?
#226jubjub360Posted 11/18/2012 5:33:56 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
jubjub360 posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...

Because an entire console cycle is 1 year Amirite?

That's your argument. I've debunked your argument.
---
#227ZombiDeadZombiPosted 11/18/2012 5:41:09 PM
How is that my argument?

A next gen console is just that, a new generation of consoles, which encompasses way more than the 1 year you set up as your argument.

Next gen does not mean new tech, better graphics, etc. it literally means next generation of a console cycle. When the next PlayStation and Xbox come out, they will be 8th gen consoles as well, not next next gen.

How do you not understand that?

Going by your argument logic, we are not on the 8th gen cycle right now, we are on the 30th gen cycle.
#228IChangedMyNamePosted 11/18/2012 5:41:40 PM
I've been fiddling with this thing for about 2 or 3 hours.

So far the best thing about it is the tablet controller.... Amazingly convient, kinda hope Sony decides to up its Vita to PS3 connectivity in the same way or at least make it simpler.

So far, game selection is crap. Actually lemme rephrase that. Its got a good selection of games but all of which I've played or beat already on other platforms.

Ninja Gaiden, Batman I played on PS3, AC3 I played on 360 and NSMB U... whats really different from the 3DS version?

Nintendoland is ok, but the real games, the real meat to the system is the games NOT out yet... WTH! I didn't know Rayman wasn't a launch title... so I have to admit, I'm REALLY doing nothing but Netflix until at least late January.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#229jubjub360Posted 11/18/2012 5:44:27 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
How is that my argument?

A next gen console is just that, a new generation of consoles, which encompasses way more than the 1 year you set up as your argument.

Next gen does not mean new tech, better graphics, etc. it literally means next generation of a console cycle. When the next PlayStation and Xbox come out, they will be 8th gen consoles as well, not next next gen.

Going by your argument logic, we are not on the 8th gen cycle right now, we are on the 30th gen cycle.

That's not my argument. That's your argument.

Just because a new set of systems comes out does not mean that it is a new generation of gaming. If a console does not bring anything new to the table, how is it a new console?

The WiiU is not a next generation system. It is a current generation system because all it is doing is bringing things that should have been here with the Wii. The gimmicky iPad controller does not make it a new generation console. The graphics, from what I've seen, are not pretty for any game on that system. If anything they just look better than the Wii but less than anything on the PS3 or Xbox.
---
#230zemzeroPosted 11/18/2012 5:45:25 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
How is that my argument?

I...don't think you know what you're talking about. Your "argument" is all over the place. Take a second to get your thoughts in order to properly present them in an eligible manner to cease this confusion and arbitrary strawman crap.

Face it, WII-U is NOT next gen. Nintendo are finally getting to the same ladder rung that the PS3 and Xbox are already on.