This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#231ZombiDeadZombiPosted 11/18/2012 6:50:04 PM
jubjub360 posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
How is that my argument?

A next gen console is just that, a new generation of consoles, which encompasses way more than the 1 year you set up as your argument.

Next gen does not mean new tech, better graphics, etc. it literally means next generation of a console cycle. When the next PlayStation and Xbox come out, they will be 8th gen consoles as well, not next next gen.

How do you not understand that?

Going by your argument logic, we are not on the 8th gen cycle right now, we are on the 30th gen cycle.

That's not my argument. That's your argument.

Just because a new set of systems comes out does not mean that it is a new generation of gaming. If a console does not bring anything new to the table, how is it a new console?

The WiiU is not a next generation system. It is a current generation system because all it is doing is bringing things that should have been here with the Wii. The gimmicky iPad controller does not make it a new generation console. The graphics, from what I've seen, are not pretty for any game on that system. If anything they just look better than the Wii but less than anything on the PS3 or Xbox.

Yes, it is a next generation system. Do you think the next PS and Xbox are goingto somehow transform gaming with all sorts of new tech?

I guarantee you it will be just the same as the Wii U, and everyone thinking and wishing otherwise is only fooling themselves.

A new system coming out at the end of the previous generation cycle IS a next gen system, whether you want to deny it or not.

Again with the graphics. Do people somehow not remember the subpar graphics we had with the PS3 and 360 when they were first released? Games from back then, most of you people would call "ugly PS2 graphics." I'm not going to get into graphics because I do not care, and agree they are subpar, for now anyways.

How people are even arguing over this is ridiculous. The very goddamn definition makes it a next gen system.
#232ZombiDeadZombiPosted 11/18/2012 6:51:05 PM
zemzero posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
How is that my argument?

A next gen console is just that, a new generation of consoles, which encompasses way more than the 1 year you set up as your argument.

Next gen does not mean new tech, better graphics, etc. it literally means next generation of a console cycle. When the next PlayStation and Xbox come out, they will be 8th gen consoles as well, not next next gen.

Going by your argument logic, we are not on the 8th gen cycle right now, we are on the 30th gen cycle.

I...don't think you know what you're talking about. Your "argument" is all over the place. Take a second to get your thoughts in order to properly present them in an eligible manner to cease this confusion and arbitrary strawman crap.

Face it, WII-U is NOT next gen. Nintendo are finally getting to the same ladder rung that the PS3 and Xbox are already on.

How is my argument "all over the place" iI haven't changed a goddamn thing since the beginning of this thread.

But please, do go on and show me how it's "all over the place".
#233moh82syPosted 11/18/2012 6:51:51 PM
Next Gen consoles should handle Next Gen game engines.

If the Wii U can handle the upcoming Unreal Engine 4 , Fox Engine , Luminous and the others , then it's a next gen console .

Only time will tell.
---
Right-click , Refresh on your desktop to activate "Turbo Mode".
#234amonte64Posted 11/18/2012 6:53:56 PM
Again, to clarify, a next generation has nothing to do with specs, it's just the next wave of consoles.

Wii U is worse in some things than PS3 and 360, the same in others and better in others.
#235jubjub360Posted 11/18/2012 6:54:25 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
jubjub360 posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
How is that my argument?

That's not my argument. That's your argument.

Just because a new set of systems comes out does not mean that it is a new generation of gaming. If a console does not bring anything new to the table, how is it a new console?

The WiiU is not a next generation system. It is a current generation system because all it is doing is bringing things that should have been here with the Wii. The gimmicky iPad controller does not make it a new generation console. The graphics, from what I've seen, are not pretty for any game on that system. If anything they just look better than the Wii but less than anything on the PS3 or Xbox.

Yes, it is a next generation system. Do you think the next PS and Xbox are goingto somehow transform gaming with all sorts of new tech?

I guarantee you it will be just the same as the Wii U, and everyone thinking and wishing otherwise is only fooling themselves.

A new system coming out at the end of the previous generation cycle IS a next gen system, whether you want to deny it or not.

Again with the graphics. Do people somehow not remember the subpar graphics we had with the PS3 and 360 when they were first released? Games from back then, most of you people would call "ugly PS2 graphics." I'm not going to get into graphics because I do not care, and agree they are subpar, for now anyways.

How people are even arguing over this is ridiculous. The very goddamn definition makes it a next gen system.

Your definition is not THE definition. Again, you are WRONG that a new console=next generation. I find it funny how you think that it will be the same as the Wii U because that means that both of the true next generation consoles will be on par with it. That means they will be WORSE than the PS3/360.

Only people who don't know how computers would work would think that graphics and technology would stagnate. Going by your logic though, you think that the PS3 looks and plays like the PS2. The 360 to the original Xbox. Sad logic.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#236TheBuddsPosted 11/18/2012 6:54:35 PM
killak posted...
by the time that actually happens though, the next new things will be coming out for sony and MS. so as people are being amazed by the jump in technology for the ps4 and 720, I doubt many people are going to be saying "hey you know what the wii-u finally is pushing out things much prettier than the old ps3 could."

I think people really exaggerate what the next gen visual leap will be. I have no doubt in my mind, that it won't be remarkable. Next gen will be a features, not graphics.

There's actually not that much further that they can go, unless they want to spend years and years and years making a single game world, to potentially have it flop or be pirated by those with the "devs don't deserve my money" mentality.

This generation was a decent size leap, but all it did was jump up into PC level visuals and if they bring out something super duper, it's just going to overheat.

WiiU will be a perfect example of where console visuals are going.

I would like more of a focus on physics...man do I miss Psyops : The Mindgate Conspiracies :( Need that as a PS2 classic!
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#237IChangedMyNamePosted 11/18/2012 6:56:11 PM
TheBudds posted...
I would like more of a focus on physics...man do I miss Psyops : The Mindgate Conspiracies :( Need that as a PS2 classic!

LOVED that game! I used to just 'Surf' on objects instead of actually playing the game.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#238TheBuddsPosted 11/18/2012 7:02:28 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
TheBudds posted...

LOVED that game! I used to just 'Surf' on objects instead of actually playing the game.

Heh heh! (fistbumps) The things you could do in that game alone I have still not seen a current-gen game do. Once you mastered it's controls...the things you could do alone with the physics engine keeps that game in a special place in my heart.

Heck you could even beat all the enemies with stuff littered around the area, I was also a master at throwing grenades back, playing racket-ball with a soldier (mwahahah) or catching a soldier, flinging him to me and hit him with a pyro-wall. Plus, you never seen Scorpion so awesome till he has mind-powers (yes, Mortal Kombat's very own)
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#239ZombiDeadZombiPosted 11/18/2012 7:02:54 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#240IChangedMyNamePosted 11/18/2012 7:07:11 PM
TheBudds posted...
Heh heh! (fistbumps) The things you could do in that game alone I have still not seen a current-gen game do. Once you mastered it's controls...the things you could do alone with the physics engine keeps that game in a special place in my heart.

Heck you could even beat all the enemies with stuff littered around the area, I was also a master at throwing grenades back, playing racket-ball with a soldier (mwahahah) or catching a soldier, flinging him to me and hit him with a pyro-wall. Plus, you never seen Scorpion so awesome till he has mind-powers (yes, Mortal Kombat's very own)

I used to laugh so uncontrollably when I 'grab' an enemy with my telekinesis and slam him repeatedly into the ground and wall and the enemy would grunt and cry before dying hahaha.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)