This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#241TheBuddsPosted 11/18/2012 6:12:17 PM
@ IChangedMyName

The racketball I was referring to was taking a soldier and throwing into the wall and catching him the moment before hitting the floor and repeatedly throwing him against it, afterwords...they become great projectiles :)
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#242zemzeroPosted 11/18/2012 6:24:51 PM
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
zemzero posted...
ZombiDeadZombi posted...
How is that my argument?

A next gen console is just that, a new generation of consoles, which encompasses way more than the 1 year you set up as your argument.

Next gen does not mean new tech, better graphics, etc. it literally means next generation of a console cycle. When the next PlayStation and Xbox come out, they will be 8th gen consoles as well, not next next gen.

How do you not understand that?

Going by your argument logic, we are not on the 8th gen cycle right now, we are on the 30th gen cycle.

I...don't think you know what you're talking about. Your "argument" is all over the place. Take a second to get your thoughts in order to properly present them in an eligible manner to cease this confusion and arbitrary strawman crap.

Face it, WII-U is NOT next gen. Nintendo are finally getting to the same ladder rung that the PS3 and Xbox are already on.

How is my argument "all over the place" iI haven't changed a goddamn thing since the beginning of this thread.

But please, do go on and show me how it's "all over the place".

I have better things to do. Just concede, you're wrong.

WII-U just caught up to this gen, it's a new gen for nintendo but not for the overall system generation.
#243IChangedMyNamePosted 11/18/2012 6:35:50 PM
TheBudds posted...
@ IChangedMyName

The racketball I was referring to was taking a soldier and throwing into the wall and catching him the moment before hitting the floor and repeatedly throwing him against it, afterwords...they become great projectiles :)

Dammit man, your making me wanna play the game. I agree on that they need something similar...

In fact, how the hell come there isn't something similar? I guess Star Wars: TFU can sorta count?
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#244TheBuddsPosted 11/18/2012 6:38:45 PM
IChangedMyName posted...
TheBudds posted...
@ IChangedMyName

Dammit man, your making me wanna play the game. I agree on that they need something similar...

In fact, how the hell come there isn't something similar? I guess Star Wars: TFU can sorta count?

LOL! It is a great game, as for Star Wars TFU. It has part of the spark, but not the whole package. Sadly there was supposed to be a sequel after Midway won the case from the guy suing them over the name, then after they went bankrupt T_T
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#245chaosflame108Posted 11/18/2012 7:42:35 PM
I guess i'll give my take on the matter.

Wii U is not a next gen console. As many others have said, it is Nintendo playing catch up to Sony and Microsoft.

Are people just ignoring what they see? 3/4th's of the Wii U's entire line up consists of ports of previous games already released on the the other consoles. That was the biggest sales pitch of the Wii U's unveiling(hey look, we can run with the big kids now). LOL so sad.

Is it really a surprise though? Nintendo has always been trailing behind Sony(tech wise/not money wise).

- They were still using cartridges when Sony used cds.
- Using those inferior tiny discs for the gamecube, when Sony/micro were using dvds.
- To this day, still refuse to feature full voice acting for their first party games. :P
- LOL at Nintendo's online program, or lack there of. XD

ect, ect.............
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#246HypermugPosted 11/19/2012 3:05:16 PM
I can't wait to get my Wii U. It has and is getting games I want. Hell, I'll probably get the next Sony console as well if it obtains great exclusive titles. If I desire SUPERAWESOMEMINDBLOWING graphics, I'll play games on my PC. It's already technologically superior to anything being released in the near future anyway.

But you guys can continue to be salty and argue over silly things. My friends and I will be over here enjoying games.
#247ZeusthagodPosted 11/19/2012 3:08:20 PM
Wii U is next generation by pure definition of time of release.

Now in terms of hardware, Nintendo is a generation behind.
---
A wise man told me "don't argue with fools"
#248ColorfulColorsPosted 11/19/2012 3:22:14 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
I guess i'll give my take on the matter.

Wii U is not a next gen console. As many others have said, it is Nintendo playing catch up to Sony and Microsoft.

Are people just ignoring what they see? 3/4th's of the Wii U's entire line up consists of ports of previous games already released on the the other consoles. That was the biggest sales pitch of the Wii U's unveiling(hey look, we can run with the big kids now). LOL so sad.

Is it really a surprise though? Nintendo has always been trailing behind Sony(tech wise/not money wise).

- They were still using cartridges when Sony used cds. They were still more powerful than the discs
- Using those inferior tiny discs for the gamecube, when Sony/micro were using dvds.Those "tiny discs" were still more powerful an used to prevent pirating
- To this day, still refuse to feature full voice acting for their first party games. :P Kid Icarus Uprising says hi.
- LOL at Nintendo's online program, or lack there of. XD Uhhh, you obviously haven't seen Miiverse have you?

ect, ect.............

Now back to my PS3.
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#249temgunPosted 11/19/2012 3:26:26 PM
So where does this leave us? When the actual next generation is released, the WiiU won't be getting the multiplatform games anymore. Or if it will, they'll be like CoD on Wii. What has changed? Nothing.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#250CooperRCPosted 11/19/2012 3:27:37 PM
temgun posted...
So where does this leave us? When the actual next generation is released, the WiiU won't be getting the multiplatform games anymore. Or if it will, they'll be like CoD on Wii. What has changed? Nothing.

I am more worried that some companies will develop to Wii U specs and just port to the PS4 and "720".