This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#251temgunPosted 11/19/2012 3:48:21 PM
CooperRC posted...
temgun posted...
So where does this leave us? When the actual next generation is released, the WiiU won't be getting the multiplatform games anymore. Or if it will, they'll be like CoD on Wii. What has changed? Nothing.

I am more worried that some companies will develop to Wii U specs and just port to the PS4 and "720".

I don't really think so. Wii came out before PS3 did and the scenario didn't happen. Besides, I wouldn't mind. While the WiiU will stick at sub 720p and sub 30 fps, the next gen versions of those will (hopefully naturally) be glorious 1080p and 60 fps.
---
BROCCOLI COCONUT HOT DOG
#252chaosflame108Posted 11/19/2012 3:54:36 PM
They were still more powerful than the discs

lol you can't be serious.

Those "tiny discs" were still more powerful an used to prevent pirating

Umm........yeah accept that they weren't. True they prevented piracy, but to honestly believe they were able to hold more data than a dvd(in ur case more powerful) is f****** ridiculous. Son, u don goofed.

Kid Icarus Uprising says hi.

Wow, one game after like 20 something years, you sure showed me. -___- Get back to me when Zelda/Mario/metroid/f-zero feature "FULL" voice acting, then i'll take you seriously.

Uhhh, you obviously haven't seen Miiverse have you?

Wow.....just.........wow, yeah i don't even know what to say to this. lol at "Miiverse" dude, are freaking serious? Like really?
---
I AM SATANAIL. HE WHO SHALL SET RIGHT THIS DISTORTED UNIVERSE!!!
#253Ghetto_ninjaPosted 11/19/2012 4:05:34 PM
Yeah dude Miiverse is going to be off the chain yo!
---
PSN ID: Psychonik
JUSTICE FOR TRAYVON!
#254IChangedMyNamePosted 11/19/2012 4:45:06 PM
The Miiverse is a stupid message board style piece of crap.

I have yet to see where it has a purpose other than being a Nintendo-centric GFAQS.

There is some pretty cool artwork on it though, some really talented users when it comes to using the touch screen but other than that what is the real point to it?
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#255king_maddenPosted 11/19/2012 5:02:13 PM
CooperRC posted...
temgun posted...
So where does this leave us? When the actual next generation is released, the WiiU won't be getting the multiplatform games anymore. Or if it will, they'll be like CoD on Wii. What has changed? Nothing.

I am more worried that some companies will develop to Wii U specs and just port to the PS4 and "720".

with so many devs complaining that consoles are holding them back and they want to do more, I doubt they will develop for the supposed "weaker" system and then port to the stronger ones.
#256ColorfulColorsPosted 11/19/2012 5:07:23 PM
chaosflame108 posted...
They were still more powerful than the discs

lol you can't be serious.

Those "tiny discs" were still more powerful an used to prevent pirating

Umm........yeah accept that they weren't. True they prevented piracy, but to honestly believe they were able to hold more data than a dvd(in ur case more powerful) is f****** ridiculous. Son, u don goofed.

Kid Icarus Uprising says hi.

Wow, one game after like 20 something years, you sure showed me. -___- Get back to me when Zelda/Mario/metroid/f-zero feature "FULL" voice acting, then i'll take you seriously.

Uhhh, you obviously haven't seen Miiverse have you?

Wow.....just.........wow, yeah i don't even know what to say to this. lol at "Miiverse" dude, are freaking serious? Like really?

Uhh, if you look at the specs of the N64 and Gamecube, you would know that they are more powerful than both Sony consoles.

but you asked for full voice acting. I gave it to you. I'm sorry you're picky.

Its online. You asked for it. Picky picky.
---
sonic777 desperate to make me mad.
Once the Atari Puma comes out, every console is doomed. ~SuperShyGuy9000
#257Grimsley-SanPosted 11/19/2012 5:10:35 PM
I believe people will probably stick to this (If they don't shut down PSN for this system)
Like how some people did with their PS2,
---
PSN: Grimsley-San; <3Tim + Kayla<3; WKCII: Prime Knights
Playin: P4A, SkullGirls, SCV, TK6, VF5FS, BBCSE, WKCII, KOFXIII UMVC3, MVC2, SF3OE, SSFIVAE,