This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#51RaRitsujunPosted 11/17/2012 11:45:33 PM
Universquall posted...
I still don't get why anyone would be upset. It's great that Nintendo are finally moving beyond the PS2 gen.

Yeah, FINALLY.
Wii and WIi U are for females, families and kids anyway.
Casual gaming consoles and handheld consoles sell like hotcakes.
---
J > K > W
Fact.
#52lambchipsPosted 11/17/2012 11:48:35 PM
Video_Game_Czar posted...
FUN FACT: PS3/XBox 360 were last gen the day they were released.

this... its sad that i only started pc gaming 5 years ago, i should have just got a gaming pc instead of getting a ps3, 360 and wii 7 years ago (oh well, i still got 2 computers that is currently much more powerful than the 360 and ps3)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#53Jx1010Posted 11/17/2012 11:49:05 PM
It feels amazing
---
Charlie Sheen wins!
#54BlueSkies7776Posted 11/17/2012 11:49:57 PM
I enjoyed my PS2 fully as a main console from 2002 through 2008. In 2005 the next gen started with the release of the 360, but I did not care and continued enjoying my PS2. Even when the PS3 and Wii released in 2006 I continued enjoying my PS2. So I couldn't care less about the Wii U.

What will be interesting however, is how far will Microsoft and Sony continue supporting the 360 and PS3 after their successors come out? How long will the Playstation Store continue being active? How long will the console be alive like it is right now? I mean, I don't see what would stop Sony from pulling the online plug on the PS3 to force people to give in and buy a PS4 (or whatever it is called).
---
My good movie of the week: "Little Women" (1949)
Game of the month: Heavy Rain (PS3)
#55PhaseBlackPosted 11/17/2012 11:53:14 PM
BlueSkies7776 posted...
I enjoyed my PS2 fully as a main console from 2002 through 2008. In 2005 the next gen started with the release of the 360, but I did not care and continued enjoying my PS2. Even when the PS3 and Wii released in 2006 I continued enjoying my PS2. So I couldn't care less about the Wii U.

What will be interesting however, is how far will Microsoft and Sony continue supporting the 360 and PS3 after their successors come out? How long will the Playstation Store continue being active? How long will the console be alive like it is right now? I mean, I don't see what would stop Sony from pulling the online plug on the PS3 to force people to give in and buy a PS4 (or whatever it is called).

Jack Tretton stated that the PS3 turning 6 is only hitting it's stride, and it will be supported longer than the PS1 and PS2 since there are several factors that make it cost effective to keep being in production like the PlayStation Store
---
PSVita & 3DS
#56TheWarHorsePosted 11/18/2012 12:05:39 AM
Chunx907 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...
next gen begins...with a console equal to last gen consoles.

lol

Except.. U know... The specs for Wii U have been known for awhile and it's clearly more powerful than the last gen PS3 and 360. I mean hell, Wii U's RAM alone make PS3 look like a dated as hell. New gen consoles will be more about performance and multitasking than graphics... even though we will see a jump in those too.

Why are people so insecure here. It's just the BEGINNING of the end of this gen. just because PS3 and 360 are less powerful than willing in doesn't mean u can't still enjoy the. Is it really just insecurity fought off by reassurance or are people here just too poor to buy one?
---
Intel Pentium II 266MHz - 32MB RAM (SIMMs) - 4GB HDD - ATI Rage Pro 3D card w/ 2MB vRAM. - CD-ROM - 56k modem - AOL Dial-Up - Windows ME
#57BloodyBoogerPosted 11/18/2012 12:10:04 AM
Universquall posted...
I still don't get why anyone would be upset. It's great that Nintendo are finally moving beyond the PS2 gen.

agreed, but i bought the wii when it came out. i'm not falling for it again this time. fool me once, shame on me.
---
"Purple is a fruit" -Homer Simpson
#58killakPosted 11/18/2012 12:10:37 AM
Chunx907 posted...
CrimsonGear80 posted...

lol

Except.. U know... The specs for Wii U have been known for awhile and it's clearly more powerful than the last gen PS3 and 360. I mean hell, Wii U's RAM alone make PS3 look like a dated as hell. New gen consoles will be more about performance and multitasking than graphics... even though we will see a jump in those too.

Why are people so insecure here. It's just the BEGINNING of the end of this gen. just because PS3 and 360 are less powerful than willing in doesn't mean u can't still enjoy the. Is it really just insecurity fought off by reassurance or are people here just too poor to buy one?

*slaps your face*

Of course you'd say that, with your 32MB P2
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#59UndietakerPosted 11/18/2012 12:51:32 AM
This is really very easily cleared up.
If I have a child it will be the next generation of my family.
When I take a giant dump in the toilet it is not considered the next generation of my family.

Someone hand Nintendo some toilet paper....
#60Kira0987Posted 11/18/2012 1:03:10 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...

---
Soul of the lost withdrawn from its vessel, let strength be granted so the world might be mended.
PSN - Makohazard