This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#61UniversquallPosted 11/18/2012 1:06:45 AM
BloodyBooger posted...
agreed, but i bought the wii when it came out. i'm not falling for it again this time. fool me once, shame on me.

A lot of people aren't getting fooled again. Meanwhile I...
---
After the Fallout
#62darkness1018Posted 11/18/2012 1:11:20 AM
Well, i consider the WiiU as Nintendo's entry into THIS gen. They FINALLY caught up with PS3 and Xbox 360 but its kinda sad that when PS4 and Xbox 760(or whatever they call it) comes out Nintendo will AGAIN be behind he times. Also i dont see the same buzz with the WiiU like with the Wii. Im still getting a WiiU but not until better, non mario games are out. Also people buying it maybe already had PS3/360 so who's gonna rebuy AC3, ME3, NG3, B:AC all over again for another $60. Theyre getting big name games that are leftovers from the other systems with some extras content. Not worth the rebuy. I just dont see WiiU matching the sales of the Wii, gamers have learned their leasons...lol.
---
PSN-nightwing2099
Systems Owned- PS3, PSP, PSV, GC, DC, N64, Xbox(original)
#63RintonPosted 11/18/2012 1:17:25 AM
Raven_Cyarm posted...
But no new console technologies have come out.

Keyword being new.

Are you insinuating that the Wii wasn't a current (as of Sunday. "last") generation console just because the graphics weren't on the same level as the PS3? The innovative hardware made it a next-gen console then just like the WiiU's new hardware is setting it apart from the Xbox/PS3/Wii's generation.

WiiU is definitely the start of the next home console generation.
#64UniversquallPosted 11/18/2012 1:18:12 AM
Rinton posted...
Are you insinuating that the Wii wasn't a current (as of Sunday. "last") generation console just because the graphics weren't on the same level as the PS3? The innovative hardware made it a next-gen console then just like the WiiU's new hardware is setting it apart from the Xbox/PS3/Wii's generation.

lol
---
After the Fallout
#65Iain121Posted 11/18/2012 1:23:31 AM
Generations are defined by time, not power.

The Wii was part of the same generation as the PS3/360. The Wii U is next-gen.
---
http://raptr.com/badge/2ae9dfad3b2a845adfd603982fd10279/fs.png
#66EpicKingdom_Posted 11/18/2012 1:31:52 AM
I think it started when games like Watch Dogs / 1313 were displayed on PC.
Well.. at least the Master Race is advancing. HA, go play PS3 mash bros or whatever
---
I agree but I don't agree on your multiple troll topics. Therefor I am neutral.
#67Illusive_VorchaPosted 11/18/2012 1:42:22 AM
Rinton posted...
Raven_Cyarm posted...
But no new console technologies have come out.

Keyword being new.

Wii was just a repackaged gamecube with a gimmick controller and an online connection. That POS can't play games released this year (BL2 and Tekken Tag 2) that a 360 released in '05 or a PS3 in '06 can.

Wii U is just history repeating itself with under-powered console with a gimmick controller that isn't futureproof and no it isn't next gen.
---
Proud supporter of the Capcom & Sega/PG boycott.
#68matu90rkPosted 11/18/2012 1:58:44 AM
It is technically next-gen, though that doesn't make it actually superior to the previous gen. It's like the first 64-bit processors that sucked badly compared to their previous high end 32-bit counterparts back in the day. Or the GeForce cards that came right after the 9800 GT.
#69thierminatorPosted 11/18/2012 2:13:00 AM
ps3 still looks next gen next to wii u
#70Dante200XPosted 11/18/2012 2:19:19 AM
For 4 years all the consoles have been last gen....lol.
---
Solid's snake still shoots liquid, it's just that it's null.