This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

#81IChangedMyNamePosted 11/18/2012 4:11:11 AM
Picking up a Wii U tomorrow.... Pissed off the only reasons I want the piece of crap doesn't come out till May/March.

I don't even know why I'm buying it day one, I'm literally gonna do nothing with it until Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter Tri G...

Maybe they'll release GC games on the VC?
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#82muggyPosted 11/18/2012 4:11:13 AM
They finally caught up to current gen.
#83kanartPosted 11/18/2012 4:13:26 AM
Wii U specs are coming out and it's not next-gen
#84killakPosted 11/18/2012 4:13:33 AM
And Scott, I also disagree with your assertions of what next-gen means.

Next-gen is a term that carries with it the idea of a leap forth. After all, by your logic, Ninty could have released a calculator that could only run PONG but because it's their next system after the Wii, it would somehow be next-gen.

As i said earlier, by that definitiion the PS2 never beat the xbox 2 gens ago, because the xbox was by far, technically superior to the PS2, and the PS2 was by far technically superior to the dreamcast (aside from the dual GPU setup). Console generations are defined by time, not tech.

i do agree that the term "next-gen" carriers a high tech weight, but when we're speaking of console generations, there's no argument. Nintendo have released a console in every gen since the famicom, and they released one alongside the PS3 and 360, and now they're bringing out a new one, and since MS and Sony are looking to their next consoles, it's quite clear that the WiiU has started the next generation off.

Nothing feels next-gen about this system. It's more like catch up to the PS3, but with a crap, Tomy Toys R Us kiddy tablet added on.

I'm not going down this road
---
Before stooping to grammar correction, ask yourself.... "Am I really stuck with nothing to say?"
#85SomnusNemorisPosted 11/18/2012 4:13:50 AM
IChangedMyName posted...
Picking up a Wii U tomorrow.... Pissed off the only reasons I want the piece of crap doesn't come out till May/March.

Bwaaaaaaaa
#86killakPosted 11/18/2012 4:14:49 AM
I wouldn't be saying I'm not impressed with it's graphical capabilities at this point if I didn't.

and by the way, I'm getting two of them tomorrow. I just don't expect to be wowed by anything visually anytime soon.

Interesting. Why two?

And you definitely won't be wowed by anything until devs really start optimising and developing specifically for it
---
My instant game collection - http://tinyurl.com/dxq27an
#87UniversquallPosted 11/18/2012 4:15:48 AM
On November 30th I'll have all three current gen consoles. Won't be all three next gen whenever they all come out.
---
After the Fallout
#88CrimsonGear80Posted 11/18/2012 4:16:17 AM
I don't even know why I'm buying it day one, I'm literally gonna do nothing with it until Pikmin 3 and Monster Hunter Tri G...

I myself just figured that I'm going to get it eventually anyway, so just get it now. I reserved it at a couple places as a failsafe, only expecting to be able to get one of them, but if I can I'll get both and maybe give one to my cousins for christmas.

As for games, I'll probably pick up ZombieU and Ninja Gaiden 3. Maybe Warriors Orochi 3 around Christmas. I never was a big fan of Mario games (at least the platforming ones) so I'm probably just going to skip that one.
---
DmC looks like a good game. I also enjoyed the latest Final Fantasy and Resident Evil games. I like video games.
http://imgon.net/di-CFMD.gif
#89IChangedMyNamePosted 11/18/2012 4:22:58 AM(edited)
SomnusNemoris posted...
IChangedMyName posted...

Bwaaaaaaaa

I'm a gadget junkie, it doesn't have to make sense just know that I accept that and will never be able to give you a good reason for it lol.

CrimsonGear80 posted...
I myself just figured that I'm going to get it eventually anyway, so just get it now. I reserved it at a couple places as a failsafe, only expecting to be able to get one of them, but if I can I'll get both and maybe give one to my cousins for christmas.

As for games, I'll probably pick up ZombieU and Ninja Gaiden 3. Maybe Warriors Orochi 3 around Christmas. I never was a big fan of Mario games (at least the platforming ones) so I'm probably just going to skip that one.

I think this kinda factors into as well, I figure I had the chance to avoid a rush so I pre-ordered it knowing eventually I'd get one to. So far I'm leaning towards Zombi-U but I'm just not feeling it really.

May pick up Rayman later on, I HATE Mario, have not liked his games since Sunshine and I've been completely and utterly pissed at Luigi's treatment for 3DS. but at this point it's just gonna be a cool looking trophy to look at until Nintendo announces something worth my time... A new Metroid perhaps.
---
I play a lil bit of everything on a lil bit of everything.
Not changing this until we get a Viewtiful Joe 3 or HD collection of VJ 1&2 (started 8/14/12)
#90killakPosted 11/18/2012 4:22:30 AM
On November 30th I'll have all three current gen consoles. Won't be all three next gen whenever they all come out.

I had enough last week to pay for one, but too many damn releases snapped up my change :)
---
My Setup - http://tinyurl.com/bwbc3ok