This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

PS3 officially is a last gen console

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 officially is a last gen console

User Info: AnthonM2

AnthonM2
4 years ago#91
The Wii U is less powerful than the PS3, the PS3 is next generation, Wii U is last gen.

User Info: Pawkie07

Pawkie07
4 years ago#92
kloud 11 posted...
Next gen has begun. How does it feel?

Wii U is 7 years too late to be called next gen. Can't call a system that is less powerful next gen.

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
4 years ago#93
killak posted...
On November 30th I'll have all three current gen consoles. Won't be all three next gen whenever they all come out.

I had enough last week to pay for one, but too many damn releases snapped up my change :)

Don't talk to me about money :( You can have mine in exchange for a regular Wii. Still not buying any U games yet.

For some reason it says I didn't reply to your msg. Heading off. But I'll fix that when I get back. Feel free to tell me to **** off >_>
After the Fallout

User Info: kanart

kanart
4 years ago#94
AnthonM2 posted...
The Wii U is less powerful than the PS3, the PS3 is next generation, Wii U is last gen.

PS3 + Wii u = same gen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500362

PS2 = Wii

User Info: SomnusNemoris

SomnusNemoris
4 years ago#95
killak posted...
I'm not going down this road

What road, mate?

User Info: Universquall

Universquall
4 years ago#96
SomnusNemoris posted...
killak posted...

What road, mate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flge_rw6RG0
After the Fallout

User Info: SomnusNemoris

SomnusNemoris
4 years ago#97
kanart posted...
PS3 + Wii u = same gen

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500362

Bwaaaaaaaaa

User Info: Raven-Z

Raven-Z
4 years ago#98
Pawkie07 posted...
kloud 11 posted...
Next gen has begun. How does it feel?

Wii U is 7 years too late to be called next gen. Can't call a system that is less powerful next gen.

Generation doesn't have anything to do with power. It's the time period when all manufacturers are in competition with a certain product. Nintendo created the weakest product last-gen so have jumped ahead this gen. This means that they'll be getting 360 ports until the PS4/720 come out, and will struggle to handle them.

The Wii U is more powerful but not by any significant amount. It is still 'next gen' by definition alone.
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.

User Info: NESHero

NESHero
4 years ago#99
I'm a Nintendo and Sony Fan, I like Nintendo's exclusive's and Sonys Exclusives, I have my Wii and PS3 side by side at most times and before too long it will probably be Wii U and PS4.

Having said that, i don't know where you got information from that the Wii U is less powerful, it's actually more powerful then PS3, but that doesn't matter as I still enjoy retro games, just saying you're wrong it's all...

And as for bad ports like mass effect 3, that's ea's fault, not nintendo's.
Uh, this is a wrestling match, not a mutual admiration society! - Jim Ross (WWF War zone N64 -1998)

User Info: muggy

muggy
4 years ago#100
SomnusNemoris posted...
killak posted...

What road, mate?

Its clearly a reassurance topic and someone pointed out the truth.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation 3
  3. PS3 officially is a last gen console

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived