This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Has anyone ever experienced this issue with their hdtv?

#21TheBuddsPosted 11/18/2012 7:05:08 PM
beebarb posted...
I too am thinking it may be that "control for HDMI" is turned on with your PS3, and your TV is misinterpreting the signals.

Makes sense seeing as you seem to be able to control the PS3 XMB with your TV remote.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps3/current/settings/ctrlhdmi.html

Yeah, considering how he says the TV freaks out on him while the ps3 is on. Hopefully he gets it fixed!

@JoveHack

Yup, I would try the TV with the ps3 off.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#22archizzyPosted 11/18/2012 7:07:39 PM
It would have to be that, especially with him having a Sony tv because the PS3 doesn't respond to IR signals without an adapter/dongle.

It was one of the biggest complaints of HT users with their Harmony One remotes in 2006 when it launched.
---
PSN ID: sled_dogs76
60" Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO151FD, Yamaha RX-V3900 A/V Receiver, Oppo DV983-H player. Coming soon: 2 Seaton Submersives from Mark Seaton
#23TheBuddsPosted 11/18/2012 7:09:34 PM
archizzy posted...
It would have to be that, especially with him having a Sony tv because the PS3 doesn't respond to IR signals without an adapter/dongle.

It was one of the biggest complaints of HT users with their Harmony One remotes in 2006 when it launched.

Hopefully, having to shell out for a new TV would suck.
---
TBC on the security matter regarding the PS3 " I see what you mean now. I have zilch experience in programming. "
#24JoveHackPosted 11/18/2012 8:33:19 PM
TheBudds posted...
@JoveHack

Yup, I would try the TV with the ps3 off.

Turning the PS3 off would probably be enough, but when tracking gremlin like this it's best to be as thorough as possible, by disconnecting the PS3 from the TV.

It takes a little more time, but it beats having to start over again, or worse yet, discarding a TV that could have been used for years yet.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
http://primal.wikia.com
#25Lord_TenseEye(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 6:29:12 AM
"Cover up the remote sensor on the TV. It's generally a small (1 inch by 1.5 inch) rectangle of clear, but deep, dark red, plastic on the lower right front of the TV."

Either this did the trick or it was working normally for a short period last night. I will check again today, if it works fine then you might have saved me a big hassle and quite a bit of $. Thank you very much to you and everyone else.

I'll update the topic if I run into the issue again today. Hoping that I don't though.
#26Lord_TenseEye(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 9:29:12 AM
Update: The issue is fixed and done with. Thanks to all, especially JoveHack. Covering up the remote signal sensing area on the tv fixed the problem.
#27JoveHackPosted 11/20/2012 8:22:46 PM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
Update: The issue is fixed and done with. Thanks to all, especially JoveHack. Covering up the remote signal sensing area on the tv fixed the problem.

Glad to hear it!

It may well be that something's transmitting infra-red signals that your TV is misinterpreting. So don't be surprised if some other remote controlled item in the room also starts exhibiting the problematic behavior. It's even possible that the TV remote is misbehaving and sending the menu signal.

So you may want to check further, blocking the TV sensor from different angles to try to lock down the source of the spurious signals.

In any case, you don't need a new TV!

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved
#28Lord_TenseEye(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 7:08:43 AM
JoveHack posted...
Lord_TenseEye posted...

Glad to hear it!

It may well be that something's transmitting infra-red signals that your TV is misinterpreting. So don't be surprised if some other remote controlled item in the room also starts exhibiting the problematic behavior. It's even possible that the TV remote is misbehaving and sending the menu signal.

So you may want to check further, blocking the TV sensor from different angles to try to lock down the source of the spurious signals.

In any case, you don't need a new TV!

Sadly the issue started right back up again. This time it started while the remote sensing area was covered and the remote itself was batteryless. :S
#29JoveHackPosted 11/21/2012 10:10:50 AM
Lord_TenseEye posted...
Sadly the issue started right back up again. This time it started while the remote sensing area was covered and the remote itself was batteryless. :S

The next step is to unplug everthing else from the TV. Have it plugged into the wall for power, but no other connections, not even cable TV. Be sure the remote sensor is still covered.

Good luck.

---
Jove the Sleep Depraved