This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you think we will ever have a GTA game where we are free to kill kids?

#71majin nemesisPosted 11/21/2012 7:05:49 PM
killak posted...
The sad part is that we're not even talking about real kids, so their role in society, their growing brains and absolutely anything to do with them in reality, holds no bearing.

I can tell you now, that any kid left unkilled in a game...... doesn't grow up to be a productive member of society. In other words, it's not a kid, so why the bleeding hearts have such an issue with offing them in a game, is quite laughable.

i think it's of fear that some people might copy what they do in the game and start killing kids in real life also the dev probably are afraid that the game's cancelled or something since GTA has a bad rep
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#72majin nemesisPosted 11/21/2012 7:10:51 PM
Universquall posted...
majin nemesis posted...
if human didn't have the abilty to have kids then explain to me how the human race still exist today

How does it exist in the first place?

let's just forget it because i can see where this is going and i don't argue about it until this topic reachs 500 post
---
Swann:This is the last time.I'm tired of running damage control every time he makes a mess
Campbell:Right.You're the control,and if that fails,I'm the damage
#73jammiesPosted 11/21/2012 7:30:49 PM
killak posted...
The sad part is that we're not even talking about real kids, so their role in society, their growing brains and absolutely anything to do with them in reality, holds no bearing.

I can tell you now, that any kid left unkilled in a game...... doesn't grow up to be a productive member of society. In other words, it's not a kid, so why the bleeding hearts have such an issue with offing them in a game, is quite laughable.

What if Peter Molyneux developed it though?
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#74UniversquallPosted 11/21/2012 8:16:41 PM
jammies posted...
killak posted...

The last time I mentioned PM's use of kids in games I was moderated due to it being considered a hate crime.
---
After the Fallout
#75jammiesPosted 11/21/2012 8:38:14 PM
Universquall posted...
jammies posted...
killak posted...

The last time I mentioned PM's use of kids in games I was moderated due to it being considered a hate crime.

I think his involvement in game development in and of itself is a hate crime.
---
I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.
Groucho Marx
#76RollingCradlePosted 11/21/2012 9:18:58 PM
Not gonna happen, TC.
#77TheCyborgNinjaPosted 11/21/2012 9:22:14 PM
I hate that kids are valued more than anything else you kill, despite the fact they contribute less than most animals.
---
Jack Thompson is so disbarred, he's not even allowed to practice the law of gravity. - Kotomo
#78jammiesPosted 11/21/2012 9:24:56 PM
TheCyborgNinja posted...
I hate that kids are valued more than anything else you kill, despite the fact they contribute less than most animals.

You mean most animals... where the adults also protect their young? Yeah, weird... I guess
---
Groucho Marx
#79UniversquallPosted 11/21/2012 9:26:01 PM(edited)
jammies posted...
I think his involvement in game development in and of itself is a hate crime.

Some would think that >_> I only said the problem with Fable II's kids. Apparently pointing out that foolish programming is racism.
---
After the Fallout
#80cavebear56Posted 11/21/2012 9:36:00 PM
What would it add that can't already be done?

What would the difference be with mindless running over kids with a car versus adults in the GTA series?

You could kill kids in Fallout 1/2, but then every single person in the game would try to kill you (even your party would turn on you in disgust) and you'd gain the "Child Killer" title.

(You could also get married and divorced in 2!!)

In that sense it was a possibility but it was a negative result.

I just don't see the value of replacing random adult 178 with smaller adult 209 and running them over.

Heavy Rain, Silent Hill: Downpour already to things with children outside of just being another thing to run over.

The argument could be for realism, but with the GTA series? Come on now, to this day it's still far more fantasy than realistic.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.