This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just found out about Mass Effect 4.Why would Bioware make a game that will fail?

#1GSWarriors-Posted 11/18/2012 12:30:21 PM
In terms of sales? Does Bioware actually think fans will forget their s****y effort on ME3's s****y ass ending? And the way they handled fan reactions? On the day that I experienced the crappy ending myself, I swore that I would never buy anything from Bioware and I haven't bought anything after ME3 or even d/led the free crappy dlc they put out since the release of M3. I have lost all interest in Bioware after seeing the disgusting ending. Before the ending the series was a f***ing master piece and could've been regarded as one of the great games of all time with MGS series, GTA series, Final Fantasy series, etc. but now it is just some random series to me that is forgettable compared with the past, current and future games. I never thought an ending scene can ruin an entire series but it has now. I am a PC gamer only as of last January and I've bought all the games I've ever owned but that will change once ME4 comes out.
#2ManuKesnaPosted 11/18/2012 12:33:32 PM
ME3 was good, stop being a cry baby
---
PSN: Manu-Kesna
GT: ManuKesna
#3RioichiCooperPosted 11/18/2012 12:33:35 PM
Well, I'm buying it. I suppose I wasn't as bothered by the ending as a lot of people.
---
Proud supporter of Christopher Nolan and Quentin Tarantino.
Mass Effect. Is. An. RPG.
#4Nintendo_ErrorPosted 11/18/2012 12:35:09 PM
Why did you feel the need to post this topic on multiple boards?
---
PSN/Steam: Fried_Moose. Add me if you would like, but tell me you're from GameFaqs.
"Ice cream. That is cheap. Fact."
#5cavebear56Posted 11/18/2012 12:35:21 PM
RioichiCooper posted...
Well, I'm buying it. I suppose I wasn't as bothered by the ending as a lot of people.

This.

Though the endings weren't "good" they didn't really make me go "Well, the entire series and franchise is completely horrible now".

Any idea though on what direction ME4 will be?

Hoping it's more an expansion on the universe rather than a continuation of events.
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#6Dillon360Posted 11/18/2012 12:36:00 PM
ManuKesna posted...
ME3 was really good, stop being a cry baby

This ^
---
I sold my soul to the Devil. Three days later he demanded a refund...
#7GSWarriors-(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 12:36:54 PM
Nintendo_Error posted...
Why did you feel the need to post this topic on multiple boards?

I should ask you the same thing
#8armageddon38Posted 11/18/2012 12:43:17 PM
You must remember that EA own Bioware so will expect a return for the invested money,
And just because the first three games finished the story of Sheperd why not do other stories in the Mass Effect universe as long as they don't do a Lucas and crap all over the original story.
And the series you compare Mass Effect to have changed and altered the story when they feel the need so why not Bioware ?
#9KatonPosted 11/18/2012 12:43:30 PM
Considering we don't know a whole lot about Mass Effect 4, it's a bit premature to guarantee its failure.
---
"You can almost taste how much the Bubsy 3D makers hated the children of America," from Seanbaby's review of Bubsy 3D (EGM #150)
#10ChaingunmasterPosted 11/18/2012 12:47:52 PM
GSWarriors- posted...
In terms of sales? Does Bioware actually think fans will forget their s****y effort on ME3's s****y ass ending? And the way they handled fan reactions? On the day that I experienced the crappy ending myself, I swore that I would never buy anything from Bioware and I haven't bought anything after ME3 or even d/led the free crappy dlc they put out since the release of M3. I have lost all interest in Bioware after seeing the disgusting ending. Before the ending the series was a f***ing master piece and could've been regarded as one of the great games of all time with MGS series, GTA series, Final Fantasy series, etc. but now it is just some random series to me that is forgettable compared with the past, current and future games. I never thought an ending scene can ruin an entire series but it has now. I am a PC gamer only as of last January and I've bought all the games I've ever owned but that will change once ME4 comes out.

Are you saying that you'll pirate it? Because I don't give two ****s about what pirates have to say.
---
www.lucid-lives.com (My webcomic)
PSN and XBL id: Alos88