This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Just got a year of PS Plus... quick questions

#1m0986-8Posted 11/18/2012 12:44:49 PM
Just finished hitting up the store and downloading the free games that easily paid off my year. I remember hearing something about auto updating the system and auto trophy sync. How do I set those up? Also is there anything else I should be aware of that i can do now that i was unable to do before?
---
I own both a Vita and 3DS and love both. ^-^ (Speaking about JP PSN unless stated otherwise)
AMD Athlon II Quad Core 3.0GHZ | HD 5770 | 4GB RAM
#2SauceyWombatPosted 11/18/2012 3:19:36 PM
Browse through the row of icons closest to the home row ("turn off PS3"). I'm not near my PS3 , so sorry for the weird directions xD. Somehwhere you'll see an obvious choice involving updating or auto updating.

Also, you can press the Triangle button on a game's folder or save data & you'll see an option involving auto updating.
---
RIP 60GB PS3 11/29/06-7/11/12 & 40GB 11/08 - 8/28/12
http://tinyurl.com/Suicidal-Cat
#3lostkiwiPosted 11/18/2012 3:34:04 PM
It's in the System -> System Settings part of your XMB.

There's a section about Auto Update.
---
Please support the gaming industry that both you and I love by choosing to play your games legally.
#4keybladeXIIIPosted 11/18/2012 3:46:05 PM
What lostkiwi said for the auto-update, As for other things you might not know-

-You now have cloud save storage- whenever you start a game for the first time you'll have an option to save all the save data to the cloud. Do it for every game- that way if anything happens to your PS3 and you get a new one, you can just load up your account and all your saves will still be in the cloud.

-Look at the "other freebies" part of the PS store. You'll find some nice avatars and themes for free.

-You'll get occasional beta invites, sometimes even downloaded automatically into your system thanks to auto-update. (For example, I woke up one morning and I had the Starhawk Beta downloaded and ready to play when I never heard about the game.)

-Discounts. Use them for games you skipped out on. They usually have some nice deals every now and then that are competitive to what you can get online or at Gamestop or other retailers.

-Day 1 Digital- For some new games coming out, you can preorder them on the PS+ Store under Day 1 Digital, and you can get the game for 6 bucks cheaper (53.99 I think), and you'll be able to download it the day it comes out, sometimes if not all the time, aat midnight.

Have fun, PS+ is worth it.
---
"The thunder just arent ready, maybe when Kobe-Duncan-Dirk retire, but until then they wont win the West sorry"-some guy on NBA board