This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I have to admit, JRPG's were better last gen.

#11Dantechan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 9:25:30 PM
warrenmats posted...
mgs4fan540 posted...
Still better than the crappy games America makes.

Japan makes good games.
America makes good games.

Who cares where it was made? as long as the game is good I'll play it.

I agree with you, but I have to say this....

It just pisses me off when people like mgs4fan say that WRPGs suck, so western games suck.

Just because you think WRPGs suck doesn't mean all western games are bad. WRPG's aren't the only type of games westerners make.
#12SpotlessedenPosted 11/18/2012 9:37:28 PM(edited)
piazzapimper313 posted...
god no, west makes such better games.. and honestly just look at how much money they are making.

West .. making money

East... bankrupt?

no it's the other way around. West video games companies are going Bankrupt left and right or some Japanese company buy them when they are cheap.

some big name titles like tomb raider, Deus Ex are belong to Japanese company now.
#13Guts_LeonheartPosted 11/18/2012 9:37:20 PM
I'd say JRPGs are slowly starting to come back though a bit different, more focus towards the niche with games like Atelier and HDN.

Modern WRPGs are boring to me, Skyrim and Oblivion were only popular because of the ability to mod them. Classic ones like Diablo and BG were much better.
#14Dantechan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:31:50 PM
Spotlesseden posted...
god no, west makes such better games.. and honestly just look at how much money they are making.

West .. making money

East... bankrupt?

no it's the other way around. West video games companies are going Bankrupt left and right or some Japanese company buy them when they are cheap.

some big name titles like tomb raider, Deus Ex are belong to Japanese company now.

Tomb raider and Deus Ex belong to japanese companies now?

which ones?
#15Neonwarrior1243Posted 11/18/2012 11:39:52 PM
Dantechan posted...
Spotlesseden posted...

West .. making money

East... bankrupt?

Tomb raider and Deus Ex belong to japanese companies now?

which ones?

Square Enix
#16Devilman_AmonPosted 11/18/2012 11:41:35 PM
Dantechan posted...
Most JRPG games imo aren't that good now. The only good JRPG series that I think is doing good is Tales and Ys. The Ys games on steam are raelly fun and challenging, and Tales of Xillia 2 is one of the best in the Tales series.

Neir is debatable, the story was excellent but everything else kinda sucks imo.

JRPGs are more on handhelds now.
---
(\__/)
(='.'=)
#17IAmNOTMcLovinPosted 11/18/2012 11:47:16 PM
Spotlesseden posted...

West .. making money

East... bankrupt?

CoD is owned by capcom?
Valve is ran by sony?
EA was taken over by Konami?
---
This post made using GameRaven alpha_build_11
Insanity On A Bun Software - Pushing the bounds of software sanity
#18NextGenISbetterPosted 11/19/2012 1:03:40 AM
Looks like sum1 didn't play Demon's Souls
---
Next gen is better. Read my user name if you are at all confused by this. Will $ony be in last place again next gen ?
#19Dantechan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 1:28:25 AM
NextGenISbetter posted...
Looks like sum1 didn't play Demon's Souls

Demon's souls isnt a RPG game....i think
#20eynjel18Posted 11/19/2012 2:35:10 AM
^you're right, It's a Third Person Hack and Slash game.
JRPG died along with the PS2.
---
"The trouble with wanting something is the fear of losing it, or never getting it. The thought makes you weak."