This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me games without a lot of blood and gore

#1shapularPosted 11/18/2012 10:11:55 PM
It seems like most of the popular games nowadays are filled with blood and gore, and I don't like that, so games are kind of hard to find for me. I don't really like shooters but games with shooting elements are okay (I loved Ratchet & Clank for example). My favorites are adventure games and platformers. Some puzzle games and RPGs are cool too. I've had my PS3 for three years and I only have like five games for it so I really need to get something. I'm probably gonna get Valkyria Chronicles and The Sly Collection looks cool (I always thought the commercials for those games were neat ten years ago but never got the games). What else would you guys recommend?
---
Ugh! Now I gotta go find a trombone!
#2Junpei_StupeiPosted 11/18/2012 10:17:06 PM
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIII-2
Dead or Alive 5
Star Ocean 4
---
I think I bought the wrong console this gen.
#3LordOfLegaciesPosted 11/18/2012 10:24:53 PM(edited)
Manhunt.

I kid.

Portal 1 and 2. First one is $10 on Steam and it's very very easy to run, even on 5+ year old computers so there's no real reason not to give it a shot. Super fun games.
Portal 2 is cheap now too.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.
#4Neonwarrior1243Posted 11/18/2012 10:23:49 PM
You should get Tales of Graces f and Tales of Xillia which comes out in Spring also some games even if they have a lot of gore you can go into options and turn it off, another thing you can do is look at the games that are Japanese made since they usually don't have much blood in them. Like if you look at Sleeping Dogs in Japan it's adult only and for the Uncharted games they removed the blood or made it green can't remember which, so usually the games they make either have green blood or little to none and a few have blood that's red.
#5TheTrueNubPosted 11/18/2012 10:25:30 PM
Just about any fighter that's not Mortal Kombat.

Catherine maybe? It does have some blood and such, but it's hardly a focus. I almost put it down without even realizing it had any.
---
Keep calm and hee-ho
http://i.imgur.com/8JzkT.png
#6Bf109_Ace_1941Posted 11/18/2012 10:25:36 PM
Heavy Rain?
---
http://wallpoper.com/images/00/31/89/31/airplanes-luftwaffe_00318931.jpg
#7HorrorSindicatePosted 11/18/2012 10:31:52 PM
ICO/SOTC
---
I've seen the future, baby: it is murder
#8BokuxPicoPosted 11/18/2012 10:36:40 PM
I wish there were more. Most games tone down the violence to appeal to little kids and casuals. I wanna run around in a pool of blood and body parts.
#9KaliestoPosted 11/18/2012 10:42:39 PM
BokuxPico posted...
I wish there were more. Most games tone down the violence to appeal to little kids and casuals. I wanna run around in a pool of blood and body parts.

Someone is acting self-righteous
---
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord
#10LordOfLegaciesPosted 11/18/2012 10:55:24 PM
BokuxPico posted...

I agree to a lesser extent. I wouldn't mind seeing some body parts flying every now and then, and in a realistic way rather than the cartoony way it is in most games. There's just something so... stress relieving about just blowing someone into 30 different pieces with a giant cannon.
Or at least I think it would be, but I don't know because video games aren't violent enough.

Kaliesto posted...
Someone is acting self-righteous

I think he's exaggerating to make a point. You should take the internet less seriously.
---
The moderation staff and system on this website are both absolutely terrible.