This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me games without a lot of blood and gore

#11DemonDog666Posted 11/18/2012 11:09:56 PM(edited)
Wow people suck at giving recs, avoid FFXIII at all costs, it's a horrible game. Here are some really good games that fit what you are looking for more or less.

Mirror's Edge
Folklore
Catherine
Trine
Alice Madness returns
Xcom Enemy Unknown
Quantum Conundrum
3D Dot Game Heroes
Batman Arkum Asylum
Atelier Rorona
Portal
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Journey
Valkyria Chronicles

EDIT also most of the collections are good, sly, ico, jak and dexter I think a ratchet and clank one is coming out too.
#12Lockheart34Posted 11/18/2012 11:11:17 PM
Compared to Sly and Ratchet games, Heavy Rain has a pretty bloody moment and some nasty deaths. I won't spoil it for you.

The game you're looking for is called Okami. Contains even less violence than a Zelda game, and it's better than Zelda. It's on PSN now, one of the best games ever.

Others I recommend are:

ICO/Shadow of the Colossus
Sonic Generations
NIER (Can't remember much gore from this)
Rayman Origins
Demon's Souls/Dark Souls??
3D Dot Game Heroes
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Prince of Persia (2008)
---
PSN: Kamurotetsu
#13DemonDog666Posted 11/18/2012 11:14:45 PM
Lockheart34 posted...
Compared to Sly and Ratchet games, Heavy Rain has a pretty bloody moment and some nasty deaths. I won't spoil it for you.

The game you're looking for is called Okami. Contains even less violence than a Zelda game, and it's better than Zelda. It's on PSN now, one of the best games ever.

Others I recommend are:

Sonic Generations
Rayman Origins
3D Dot Game Heroes
Prince of Persia (2008)

Enslaved sucks, I know it fits his description but it just sucks, and Prince of Persia is usually gorey and the one that wasn't wasn't very good.
#14jubjub360Posted 11/18/2012 11:24:45 PM
The lack of little big planet is pissing me off.
---
F*** yo' MLA! It's all about that APA!
http://i.imgur.com/JF8gG.jpg
#15Lockheart34Posted 11/18/2012 11:24:53 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
Lockheart34 posted...

Others I recommend are:

Sonic Generations
Rayman Origins
3D Dot Game Heroes
Prince of Persia (2008)

Enslaved sucks, I know it fits his description but it just sucks, and Prince of Persia is usually gorey and the one that wasn't wasn't very good.

Are you joking? You just recommended Alice: Madness Returns which has more blood and gore than the whole of my entire list. It's also nowhere near as good or interesting as Enslaved.

And Prince of Persia 2008 was good, it's the most fun I've had with a PoP game since the first one. The Forgotten Sands was the terrible one.

Opinions.
---
PSN: Kamurotetsu
#16Nirvanas_NoxPosted 11/18/2012 11:27:33 PM
pretty much everything above. stay away from ninja gaiden. its pretty much blood and body parts the entire game =D
---
My business isnt your business so unless your my thong, dont be up my ass.
#17DemonDog666Posted 11/18/2012 11:42:47 PM(edited)
Lockheart34 posted...
Are you joking? You just recommended Alice: Madness Returns which has more blood and gore than the whole of my entire list. It's also nowhere near as good or interesting as Enslaved.

And Prince of Persia 2008 was good, it's the most fun I've had with a PoP game since the first one. The Forgotten Sands was the terrible one.

Opinions.

Okay you got me on the gore but alice is a way better game then enslaved the gameplay in enslaved is absolutely horrible, the combat is rudimentary the platforming is qte without the prompt it's literally impossible to fall off in most places... the gun play is just stupid. Though since I didn't buy the game and just played the demo I cant' comment on the story in full but from what i saw it wasn't that interesting where alice madness returns is very interesting and unique.

Forgotten sands was meh and i didn't even bother with the 2008 one, oh I just remembered why too much hand holding I like a challenge.
#18Nirvanas_NoxPosted 11/18/2012 11:54:43 PM
Lockheart34 posted...
Prince of Persia (2008)

umm this was the the worst PoP game ive ever played. you couldnt even die. i never not once had a game over. not to mention it was insanely easy.
---
My business isnt your business so unless your my thong, dont be up my ass.
#19shapular(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 12:18:17 AM(edited)
Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I have Portal 1/2 and Ico/SotC. Okami is my favorite game. I also have Batman: Arkham Asylum but I didn't like it. As for the stuff I don't have, Folklore and Journey are already on my list of stuff to get, Tales of Graces f looks cool, I remember seeing Mirror's Edge a few years ago and thinking it looked cool so I'll probably get that too, 3D Dot Game Heroes looks like a Zelda clone so I'll probably like it, and Quantum Conundrum looks neat but I might get it on PC. I have indeed seen videos of Ninja Gaiden and it's exactly the opposite of what I'm looking for. I've seen videos of Alice Madness Returns and it looks interesting but I've been on the edge about it.
---
Ugh! Now I gotta go find a trombone!
#20XuvitasPosted 11/19/2012 12:28:31 AM
Since you already have Okami I will just recommend Jak and Daxter HD collection, Rayman origins,Sly HD collection and Sonic generations ( first good sonic games since the megadrive ones IMO). Also if you liked Okami and Zelda then 3d dot game hero is also a great buy
---