This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Recommend me games without a lot of blood and gore

#41spectermaster14Posted 11/19/2012 4:24:25 AM
I second PoP '08 and Mirror's Edge. PoP '08 is not nearly as bad as people are making it out to be. The writing is witty, the characters are likable, the platforming isn't easy at all despite what people say. That is to say, it's complicated compared to some of the past games. You can't die, no, but you're doing a lot more than wall running and jumping to from place to place. Grabbing handholds to continue jumps requires some decent timing, using Elika's powers on the fly while you're on your way to a platform is required, the combat is one-on-one and much deeper than the past games', bosses are fairly difficult, etc, etc. It's a much better game than the internet hivemind would have you believe. Also recommend...

Portal,
Portal 2,
Quantum Conundrum,
Papo & Yo (But it's dark. Not violent, though.),
Journey,
NiGHTS,
Malicious,
Jet Set Radio,
Mercury,
Rock of Ages,
Gotham City Impostors (Violent, but it's the best alternative to CoD or BF if you're avoiding blood and gore. Really cartoony, goofy violence.),
Elemental Monsters (It's a dollar. That alone justifies a try.),
LittleBigPlanet and its sequels,
Joe Danger,
You Don't Know Jack (Only if you have some friends to play with.),
SSX,
Sonic and Sega All Stars Racing (Sequel's coming up soon, and the MP is great.),
EDF: Insect Armageddon (It's violent, but it's bug based violence. If you can handle ants losing limbs and such, you're fine.),
Any of the Ratchet games,
Jak and Daxter's HD collection,
The Prince of Persia HD set (They aren't good ports, but the games themselves are fun. The second and third ones get a bit violent, though.),
Okami,
Rayman Origins,
Beyond Good and Evil HD,
Katamari Forever,
Heavenly Sword (Again, violent, but it's a bloodless, goreless alternative to something like GoW. Not quite as good, but still fun.),
Dungeon Defenders,
Back to the Future,
Sam and Max (Any season will do),
3D Dot Game Heroes.

That's about it from stuff I own.
#42HeyZeussPosted 11/19/2012 5:19:07 AM
Get a Wii-U. Actually being serious...
#43DemonDog666Posted 11/19/2012 11:26:11 AM
Marnex15 posted...
Enslaved is a great game and if you care about reviews so much, it's only fair to point out the fact that the PS3 version of Enslaved has an 80 (360 version has 83) on Metacritic while Alice has 70. Same thing with Gamerankings.

And demos can most certainly be horrible. Look at the Battlefield 3 beta.

What part of READ didn't you get, the scores are useless especially the professional ones.

Enslaved is a horrible game it's gameplay doesn't have a single redeeming quality. The DLC is better then the full game by alot.

Yes demos can be horrible that's why I said that but the enslaved demo was an accurate representation of the gameplay.
#44Marnex15Posted 11/19/2012 12:56:34 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#45shapular(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2012 1:41:30 PM
fairyneko posted...
TC should list their consoles. Obviously a PS3 But do you have any others?

For current gen consoles, Wii and 3DS.

HeyZeuss posted...
Get a Wii-U. Actually being serious...

I'm probably gonna hold off on this until the good Nintendo games start coming out.

Maybe it's just me, but Demon's/Dark Souls look awful. Like N64-quality graphics with bad gameplay.
---
Ugh! Now I gotta go find a trombone!
#46Marnex15Posted 11/19/2012 2:17:59 PM
shapular posted...
Maybe it's just me, but Demon's/Dark Souls look awful. Like N64-quality graphics with bad gameplay.

You could get the PC version and then get the mod that makes the graphics look really good and sharp if it's that big of a deal to you. It also depends what gameplay you watched. The combat in Demon Souls/Dark Souls is the type that can look bad if the person playing sucks. I think you should at least rent them.
---
Official Lord of the Wiinet of LoZ: Skyward Sword | www.zeldawtwii.proboards.com
#47HakaiVeilPosted 11/19/2012 2:21:29 PM
shapular posted...

It is just you. Get a better TV and better taste.
---
Gamefaqs - Where immaturity makes you more important than anyone else.
#48MourningReignsPosted 11/19/2012 2:24:37 PM
On PSN, you have a lot of options. Bionic Commando, Journey, Quantum Conundrum, Tetris, NBA Jam, Trine 1 & 2, etc.

Check out the online store, you will get a lot more options without games needing blood or guns.
---
I finally won a mod dispute. Too bad it got overturned a day after my suspension ended.
#49rahmed51387Posted 11/19/2012 2:35:58 PM
It'd be nice if TC listed the 5 or so games he already has so we don't make repeat recommendations. I'm wanting to suggest the Uncharted series (it's already been suggested).

Nirvanas_Nox posted...
Lockheart34 posted...
Prince of Persia (2008)

umm this was the the worst PoP game ive ever played. you couldnt even die. i never not once had a game over. not to mention it was insanely easy.

I think most people don't really realize that Elika saving you is the equivalent of death. And there are many games that don't even do game overs anymore, but simply reset you to the last checkpoint. There's even a trophy for beating the game without constant reliance on Elika which basically translates as "Don't screw up and die too many times."

I honestly enjoyed PoP 2008 (didn't play Forgotten Sands), and found the combat more engaging in the one-on-one settings versus the "tornado of badguys and I'm the eye of the storm" designs that the last two of the previous trilogy focused on.

But it still pales IMO in comparison to the Sands of Time combat, where there were certain methods to expose each enemy's weakpoints that forced you to vary your attacks and kill them by absorbing the enemies in the dagger. Until you got the final sword that is...
---
PSN:LonelyDesperado
MissTFayed: rahmed51387 - You got the surfer accent. You are officially the smartest person on here.
#50ArcticNinja21Posted 11/19/2012 3:18:06 PM
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2
Atelier Meruru
Disgaea 4
---
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/109/20121106132039.jpg/
Yup, that's who I voted for! =D